Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung 49 QE7C tv

(Topic created on: 11-01-2018 05:27 PM)
Ionut_
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone, have a problem on my Samsung 49 QE7C series when using HDR. Recently bought the tv and I seen on HDR titles such as Netflix, Amazon that the colours are washed out and the screen is way darker than normal. From what I heard the colours on HDR are supposed to come more to life but on my tv is unwatchable to be honest, looks sharp but very washed out and dark. I reseted the smart hub, unplug it, reinstall the apps and nothing works.

Any ideeas how to fix or it looks like is just a faulty unit? Thanks a lot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Ionut_ wrote:

Hello everyone, have a problem on my Samsung 49 QE7C series when using HDR. Recently bought the tv and I seen on HDR titles such as Netflix, Amazon that the colours are washed out and the screen is way darker than normal. From what I heard the colours on HDR are supposed to come more to life but on my tv is unwatchable to be honest, looks sharp but very washed out and dark. I reseted the smart hub, unplug it, reinstall the apps and nothing works.

When you switch to a HDR source the screen should go brighter. The back light and contrast should go to max. Sounds to me like a faulty unit. Inform your retailer, and ask for a replacement or money back. If it's older than 30 days you could ring Samsung support.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Ionut_ wrote:

When you switch to a HDR source the screen should go brighter. The back light and contrast should go to max. Sounds to me like a faulty unit. Inform your retailer, and ask for a replacement or money back. If it's older than 30 days you could ring Samsung support.

Ionut_
Journeyman
Options

Thanks a lot. Was thinking that it could be a faulty unit. Thanks a lot once again for the replay.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@Ionut_ wrote:

I did not mark it as a solution. 

0 Likes
Ionut_
Journeyman
Options

Sorry i'm newbie here. Thanks.

0 Likes