Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 2018 TV internet issues

(Topic created on: 16-12-2018 09:58 AM)
JayPost1
First Poster
Options

Hi

I've just bought a UE55NU7020 and the internet connection issues are driving me crazy. It eventually connects to my BT Home Hub (the latest one) network and after five to ten minutes, will start to load video previews (Netflix / Amazon Video etc). But try playing any of them and all I get is a few seconds of low resolution video, followed by a minute of buffering, followed by an error message along the lines of 'your internet connection is too slow to stream this content'.

My other Samsung TV downstairs (2016 model) works just fine on the same Wireless network, as do all other wireless devices.

I've tried all the suggested fixes online: restarting router, changing the DNS off the TV to 8.8.4.4, factory reset on the TV, turning TV off at the wall instead of the remote etc. Nothing makes a difference or more importantly, solves the underlying problem.

Does this happen for anyone else? Anyone have a solution? I'm on the verge of returning the TV.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JayPost1 wrote:

Hi

I've just bought a UE55NU7020 and the internet connection issues are driving me crazy. It eventually connects to my BT Home Hub (the latest one) network and after five to ten minutes, will start to load video previews (Netflix / Amazon Video etc). But try playing any of them and all I get is a few seconds of low resolution video, followed by a minute of buffering, followed by an error message along the lines of 'your internet connection is too slow to stream this content'.

My other Samsung TV downstairs (2016 model) works just fine on the same Wireless network, as do all other wireless devices.

I've tried all the suggested fixes online: restarting router, changing the DNS off the TV to 8.8.4.4, factory reset on the TV, turning TV off at the wall instead of the remote etc. Nothing makes a difference or more importantly, solves the underlying problem.

Does this happen for anyone else? Anyone have a solution? I'm on the verge of returning the TV.

Hi @JayPost1, think you've tried the bulk of the fixes.   I'm assuming you have the latest update for your model 1152.8 but can you confirm https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55NU7020KXXU/     For the DNS settings did you also try 8.8.8.8 ?      A few customers found that splitting the 2.4 and 5 GHz  Networks helped, you can look  posts on page 5 of this thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Samsung-Smart-TV-stopped-connecting-to-internet-w...     However obviouisly  you may wish to consider your options.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes