Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG UE46ES6300

(Topic created on: 13-07-2017 11:03 PM)
mickyT
First Poster
Options

I have a UE46ES6300 i have had it for a few years now i got it from currys , the day i got it it was tempromental about connecting to the internet via the wireless connection , so i gave up but now i want to get it to work , it says connecting to wireless network then in a flash after it says found my router it goes back to the normal use of the tv station again without me touching anything , sometimes it doesnt go off the connecting to network screen but doesnt find my network , yet i have had it conected to my network but with limited connection , when i go into network status it has found an ip add ans a gateway bu not in the range of my router , yet it doesnt find a gateway . I must have tried this a million times now and am getting fed up !!!!!. I have downloaded the newest firmware and installed it but to no availe .

Its just sometimes it tryes & sometimes it just cant be ***** , i know i should have gone back to the shop where i purchased it from but work ~ family ~ & just forgetting

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @mickyT,

Can you provide the software version of your TV? Go to: Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

Does the TV connect to the internet when using a wired connection? Can you set up a Wi-Fi Hotspot on a mobile device and see if the TV will successfully connect to this network?

0 Likes
Tv12
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have the same problem with my TV (UE46ES6300).

TV will connect to the internet with an ethernet cable but will not connect wirelessly.

I have done all the upgrades and still cannot connect.

When trying to connect to the internet wirelessly the screen shows:"connect using an internal LAN adapter"

Do I need one of these?

If so,why?

I have other brands of smart TV's in the house and they all seem to connect immediately.

I have had the TV for over 5 years so Samsung now want money to come out and solve the problem.

I don't see why I should pay more money to connect a "supposedly" smart TV to my internet,especially as the TV cost me £750 in the first place!!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Tv12 wrote:

Hello,

I have the same problem with my TV (UE46ES6300).

TV will connect to the internet with an ethernet cable but will not connect wirelessly.

I have done all the upgrades and still cannot connect.

When trying to connect to the internet wirelessly the screen shows:"connect using an internal LAN adapter"

Do I need one of these?

If so,why?

I have other brands of smart TV's in the house and they all seem to connect immediately.

I have had the TV for over 5 years so Samsung now want money to come out and solve the problem.

I don't see why I should pay more money to connect a "supposedly" smart TV to my internet,especially as the TV cost me £750 in the first place!!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi @Tv12, firstly check Menu - Network - (Soft ap - wifidirect)     If greyed out then  looks like problem with Network card which will need to be repaired.  However if this is not issue the latest firmware for your Tv is  2008.0 which became available November 2017 and if you do not have this would suggest you download file to USB and update that way.   http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE46ES6300UXXU      According to specifications this model does not require LAn adapter. https://www.flatpanelshd.com/article.php?subaction=showfull&id=1333028682,   If still issues reset the Network Connection   firstly  and  if not  solved do a Smart Hub Reset, you could then change the DNS settings  (Menu > Network > Network Settings >  IP Settings > DNS settings > Enter Manually.  Enter 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. and then Save.   some advice in manual   starting page 197   http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201211/20121110095845360/01-XTDVBEUE-ENG-1109.pdf

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Tv12
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Yes,it is 'greyed out' when trying to connect wirelessly.

Where is the network card located at and how can it have become damaged without having done anything?

How much will this cost and where would I get it repaired at?

This TV has caused me so much stress that I am considering selling it for £150.

I will probably not buy another Samsung TV after this.

Another thing,if this is a Samsung website then why are there no replies to any of the problems from a Samsung representative?

0 Likes