Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG JU7500 Light Spikes (unusable)

(Topic created on: 08-03-2018 09:00 AM)
88fsantos
First Poster
Options

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By7PUCZMD2siSVViWnJaY1RlbHM

This is what is happening to my Samsung JU7500 and it makes it impossible to use. It started happening right one or two months after the warranty expired (what a coincidence). And after a firmware update. It can happen all day long, or not happen for a weeks, it's just random. I already did a factory reset and a hard factory reset (from service menu). The problem dissapeared for a couple weeks, but it's back now. It happens on plex, netflix, youtube, regular tv box and even with the connection box unpluged from the tv. 

Did this happen to any of you guys? I could use some help, I don't want to spend more money on top of a TV that already had cost 2000€... 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Is it only happening on a low brightness?

If yes looks like a fault with the dimming control of the back light.

If you are in the UK, did you know you have up to 6 years in many cases to go back to the retailer and get something fixed?  It's only the manufacturers warranty that runs out after a year or two, but under the consumer act there is no time limit for faulty goods, just what is deemed reasonable.  It's reasonable for a TV to last more than a year.

Google 'which conumser rights' to learn what your rights are.  If the shop doesn't want to know and purchased on credit card, you can ask the credit card company to sort it out or refund you.

Regards

Phil

88fsantos
First Poster
Options

Hey. It happens in all brigthnesses, but I putted it down so it was easier to show/record. I'm in Portugal thought. Do you think that replacing the mainboard will solve the problem? 

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

I wouldn't try changing the main board, its more likely it's a smaller board near the back lights that controls the backlight power, could be a dry solder joint so might be fixable if you know what to look for etc.

Best Regards

Phil