Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red dot in the centre of screen on a brand new UE43MU6100

(Topic created on: 04-09-2017 07:25 AM)
Lightfamily
First Poster
Options

Brand new TV bought yesterday,

love the functionality, picture quality, all except a red dot that is always present in dark scenes.

happy take it back to the shop but is there a simple answer???

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
MasukaH
Voyager
Options
Hi, welcome to the Samsung Community!

Let's get this sorted. Can you tell us the model of your TV? Have a go at the following steps for a Picture Test. Go to > Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test. Does the red dot still appear here?

Tiffanyk
First Poster
Options

Hi— I am having the same issue. Just set up our Samsung MU6300 and there’s a red dot in the center/upper half of the screen that appears on dark colors. Is there any solution?

0 Likes
Tiffanyk
First Poster
Options

And the self diagnosis option in Support is greyed out so I cannot select it

0 Likes
Vian_
First Poster
Options

Got MU7000 75inch last week. Noticed the same red dot located on the right lower side of the screen. Tried the self diagnosis “picture test” ..the test photo shown was in bright colours. Red dot not noticeable when picture is in bright colours... only seen when picture on dark shade or black. Since the red dot is noticeable on bright colours the diagnose was “nothing wrong” with the tv. But the red dot is annoying to watch in dark shade picture and kind of worrying. Will it get bigger or become a long red line ? 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Vian_.

Have you already spoken to our Support Team regarding this? Did they run through any troubleshooting with you?

0 Likes
BurkeB
First Poster
Options

My UN43MU6300 developed this issue after only a year and a half of use.  Out of one-year warranty, so no help from Samsung.  I have an older Samsung that has lasted almost 12 years with no issues!  Guess quality isn't what it used to be.

0 Likes
MVsteve
First Poster
Options

We purchased a new Samsung Crystal UHD 8 series TU8000 43" 3 days ago and red dot located left center lower area.  What's up with this???

0 Likes