Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGB Limited vs RGB Full (Samsung TV)

(Topic created on: 13-08-2018 04:26 PM)
tomos1
First Poster
Options
 I have a Samsung UE32F5000 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV connected to my PS4 and my PC - and was wondering how to change the RGB Settings so that i could pick between Limited RGB and Full RGB.

I read online that RGB range is referred to as "Black Level" on Samsung TVs - But it's not clear which of the two options (LOW/NORMAL) refers to which RGB Range.

I understand that both your TV and your External devices should match one another so that your colour ranges are in tune.

So i started a live chat with Samsung about this and the person i spoke to told me that the Samsung UE32F5000 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED TV automatically outputs the RGB Range that the external device is set to - and that "HDMI Black Level" refers to something else entirely - NOT RGB Range.

So i was hoping someone could shed some light on the whole thing for me as I'm not entirely 100% convinced with the answer i recieved. 

(My PC and PS4 are both capable of RGB Full and RGB Limited, i just wanted to make sure they matched the settings on my TV)

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

I don't think these settings are available on Samsung TVs, that would be too useful for them to include!

You will need to adjust your source to limited range (16-235) so that it displays correctly.

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
turbotec
First Poster
Options

hi did you get it sorted because am looking for ans to this aswell iv my pc hooked up to the tv do i use full or limited on my graphics card and which do i use on the black level auto low or normal 

0 Likes