Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

R7 wireless speaker not connecting via bluetooth

(Topic created on: 26-12-2016 03:13 PM)
Jo5hb3rry
First Poster
Options

I was given the r7 wireless speaker as a present this Christmas and when trying to set it up it would not connect to the multiroom app and nor will it connect to bluetooth. When pressing the button to turn the speaker to bluetooth all it says is that the 'TV connection is ready'. Due to my wifi being broken at the moment the multiroom app is not useful but it should still connect to bluetooth. Is there a way to hopefully fix this problem or do I take it into a store to get it fixed or swapped?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Awais314
Apprentice
Options

@Jo5hb3rry wrote:

I was given the r7 wireless speaker as a present this Christmas and when trying to set it up it would not connect to the multiroom app and nor will it connect to bluetooth. When pressing the button to turn the speaker to bluetooth all it says is that the 'TV connection is ready'. Due to my wifi being broken at the moment the multiroom app is not useful but it should still connect to bluetooth. Is there a way to hopefully fix this problem or do I take it into a store to get it fixed or swapped?

Hi Jo5hb3rry

I Ialso have an r7 and experienced a similar issue with mine.

Quick fix for you to do is

Keep hold of the volume up and down button u til the light indicator flashes white - this will mean that your r7 has reset and should hopefully help

Another thing you could try is to remove the screw from the bottom of the speaker which will unveil a figure 8 power connector 

You could try unplugging it for a few minutes and trying again

And finally if all else fails you can contact Samsung on 

tel 0330 726 7864

Hope this helps

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Awais314
Apprentice
Options

@Jo5hb3rry wrote:

Hi Jo5hb3rry

I Ialso have an r7 and experienced a similar issue with mine.

Quick fix for you to do is

Keep hold of the volume up and down button u til the light indicator flashes white - this will mean that your r7 has reset and should hopefully help

Another thing you could try is to remove the screw from the bottom of the speaker which will unveil a figure 8 power connector 

You could try unplugging it for a few minutes and trying again

And finally if all else fails you can contact Samsung on 

tel 0330 726 7864

Hope this helps

EGBDF
First Poster
Options

We bought a Samsung UHD  from Best Buy, most expensive one they had because of the picture.

salesman talked us into 5 Samsung speakers for surround sound.

have had TV for 3 years now. 
Multiroom app worked for 6 months. 
Sound was AWSOME.

AFTER THAT.....THE SPEAKERS WILL NOT CONNECT AT ALL , OTHER THAN ONE WITH TV SOUND CONNECT......

I KEEP TRYING.....

THEY PAIR ON MULTROOM APP , BUT THE MINUTE I TRY TO CONNECT WITH THE ....SAMSUNG EXPENSIVE TV.....THEY DROP AND WILL NOT CONNECT.

OUR INTERNET IS GREAT.......IT MUST BE THE TV.....

I AM TOTALLY DONE WITH ANY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS EVER AGAIN.

EVEN SENT THE SPEAKERS IN TO SAMSUNG AND NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM......

PLOY TO UPGRADE TV FOR ANOTHER 3,000$........

FORGET THIS.....I WILL BUY A SONY NEXT TIME....OR LG......ANYTHING BUT A SAMSUNG 

0 Likes
vik1471
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone, there is no resolution to this issue as Samsung confirmed its the main pcb which is no longer available. Its awful that they will not do anything further and basically have left many customers with irreparable and useless Samsung devices. I contacted Samsung direct and a local Samsung repair centre and they told me there was nothing further they could do! I think we should all put posts on Samsung Facebook /  Instagram and Twitter pages saying that they have let so many customers down...

What next?

0 Likes
Meridian Yogi
First Poster
Options

Hi there; thank you for sharing the usage instructions. Unfortunately, it does not fix my connection issues. 

My R7 loudspeakers are no longer connecting to my Samsung TV. 

0 Likes