Support

Open search

QN65Q6FNAFXZA TV continually restarting

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

I don't know what to say.  I woke up and turned on the TV.  As I was in the kitchen I heard the TV turn itself on and then off then on again.  I didn't think anything of it but then it started turning on and off continuously.  I attempted to go into the menu to try and reset the TV but I could not reach the menu with the TV turning off and on.  I read a post where I needed to verify software updates but I cannot do that when nothing  works on the TV.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
First Poster

Thanks. I returned the TV and got a new Samsung. Did not feel like taking chances. 

4 REPLIES
Pathfinder

Hello

I suggest you start by doing a coldboot by unplugging all devices related to your TV and keep pressing the POWER button for 30 sec After, then you can reconnect them.

Normally it should work properly

First Poster

Thanks. I returned the TV and got a new Samsung. Did not feel like taking chances. 

Pathfinder

Hello,

Well done, it's better to take no risk

First Poster

Mine did the same thing. Q9FN 65" - the first day I had it restarted itself a couple of times which was odd and when I got up next morning it was on. It seemed to forget some settings or change them on it's own and It quickly degenerated after 2 days to a point where it would just continually boot loop via the startup logo and couldn't get it to do anything. I sent it back and bought another one. Fingers crossed, but so far it's great! As a possible diagnostic I did notice that when and if you could get into ambient mode, the picture in the 'water' screen didn't run smoothly but kept slowing or even freezing for a moment. The new one runs ambient silky smooth and hopefully will stay that way.

Top Liked Authors