Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLED (QE65Q7) and Virgin V6 - Source not recognised

(Topic created on: 15-06-2017 09:36 PM)
Nooga
First Poster
Options

I can't get the new QE65Q7F to recognise the new Virgin V6 box as a connected source. The old Virgin TiVo box worked through the TV source and recognised features on the box (like the recordings folder) but the new V6 box is only labelled as a Cable Box and has no source features. 

SOLVED- swapping HDMI cables has forced the box to recognise the V6 successfully. 

10 REPLIES 10
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Just caught up with this @Nooga. Thanks for sharing!

Vk29
First Poster
Options

I’ve had no luck so far on my QE55Q7F - I get to the starting up sign and then doesn’t recognise the source! Virgin Technician doesn’t know either He has replaced hdmi cables to the 4K cable but nothing! Can anyone help? 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Vk29 wrote:

I’ve had no luck so far on my QE55Q7F - I get to the starting up sign and then doesn’t recognise the source! Virgin Technician doesn’t know either He has replaced hdmi cables to the 4K cable but nothing! Can anyone help? 

It should work as advertised. If not then it is normally a fault. First thing always reports the slightest fault to your retailer, as they are responsible under consumer law, not the manufacturer. If you report within the first 4 weeks you can get an exchange or full refund. I would not suggest allowing a repair. It is a new telly and should work out of the box, if it needs repairs it is faulty, and you did not want to buy a faulty TV. Again they will have you running in all sorts of circles, like firm ware updating, change cables and even blame the V6 before admitting it is their problem. Whilst doing this you pass that magic 4 weeks. Again first thing reports it as a fault with your retailer and do not be fobbed off.

We have had so many issues with the Samsung KS and dealing with some retailers, and if interested look on the KS owners refunds thread on these forums.

Paul

0 Likes
Vk29
First Poster
Options

Hi Paul, thanks for your update. It looks like I was just not destined to get a shiny 4K TV! It’s been 7days since I’ve bought it and have had the engineer out today from Virgin who was baffled and had no idea what to do! Hope anyone with a QLED can shed some light if they have V6 box working? 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Vk29 wrote:

Hi Paul, thanks for your update. It looks like I was just not destined to get a shiny 4K TV! It’s been 7days since I’ve bought it and have had the engineer out today from Virgin who was baffled and had no idea what to do! Hope anyone with a QLED can shed some light if they have V6 box working? 

It is broke, send it back. There seems to be a problem with the HDMI, and again you want a perfect telly ( with Samsung that is an issue). It is up to you but I would send it back as Samsung do have issues with quality control. Just look at these forums. Do not allow them to drag it passed the 4 week period, because then things get much harder.

Paul

0 Likes
Wayne10
Pioneer
Options

Turn off all learning remote input sources and input sources manually.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
h
@Wayne10 wrote:

Turn off all learning remote input sources and input sources manually.

And that is the issue. Some sets work ok and others you have to either mess around with as you suggest or replace or repair, which is another story. This day an age you should just connect your devices and it works.

Paul

0 Likes
Vk29
First Poster
Options

I’ve tried to add manually, no help! 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Vk29 wrote:

I’ve tried to add manually, no help!