Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLED QE55 Q8C - Image judder

(Topic created on: 02-04-2019 01:24 AM)
wizardriv
First Poster
Options

Having purchased a QLED QE55 Q8C last Septemeber I have been in touch recently with support with regards to what I describe as Frame Judder intermittently (every few minutes) watching the set. The resulting communication from Technical is that this is a characteristic of the device and this is my latest response: 

TV works through a number of algorithms set to recognise, review and produce the expected picture on the screen.  On occasion this algorithm is not always able to completely match the required speed to product the picture and there may be a small appearance of loss of frame or picture judder.

This is considered to be within Samsung specification for our TV models, indeed this was experienced within our Test Lab yesterday when this matter was being discussed, and is not an issue that can be resolved by replacement of the part or indeed TV.

As a result the Service Centre, following review with our Technical Escalations, have correctly reported in respect of this matter and in such a case have acted correctly in not changing part(s) in the hope or expectation that these would resolve on the television.

We recognise that this explanation may be met with some disappointment but we wanted to fully clarify and explain the situation in response to your escalation to our office.

Please can I aks if anyone else has experienced this as I find it shocking based on the cost of this TV when my much cheaper set does not have this issue. Is there anything I can do?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Nathan9
First Poster
Options

Ahh ok *****, never mind then. 

I even had Samsung come out and replace some internal chip, and the problems were the same.  It is such a crying shame, because other than the deal-breaking motion problem, it really had the potential to be a GREAT TV

0 Likes
Nathan9
First Poster
Options

So many people invested in this TV with high expectations.  I really feel like Samsung has a duty to fix this problem through firmware updates.  They will lose so much business if this is not resolved.

My other big take away from this is, BEWARE of ONLINE reviews.  None of the reviews really went into the motion problems.  All of the reviews were probably feeding it Blu Ray.

0 Likes
wizardriv
First Poster
Options

I agree with all of the comments, Samsung UK just did not want to know and their attitude is as its a "feature" of how the TV works tough basically.....unreal but guess thats why its the last Samsung product of any sort i or anyone I can reach out to will purchase as a wise choice.

I could take them to court but my expense and would depend on the judge on the day....so for them it was thanks for the £2400 you paid now live with it.

0 Likes
Garnierrs
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here with a QE65Q85R. You can turn it off, you can play with the settings, you can do whatever you want, but the image is terrible. The motion is not smooth/fluid, for examole, it is impossible to watch a football match without making you want to throw it out the window.

this is the reason why I am packaging it again to return it back and order a sony 65XG9505.

Even my 2008 edge led panasonic is much better handling the motion.

samsung please, FIX THIS with a new firm update or whatever. This is shameful

0 Likes
wizardriv
First Poster
Options

Theyu dont care about the issue and have done nothing so i have had to live with the issue until i change my TV soon and NOT Samsung...spend over £2000 and this is what you get....poor...never again.....back to Sony as well for me

0 Likes