SuperStar
Options

Hi @mtv1.

Is there anything we can help you with?

0 Likes
mtv1
Explorer
Options

Yes, i understood double posting in NL and UK was not “allowed”, therefor i removed it,  but now you're asking.......

https://we.tl/t-stAbTe8TBn

I would like to "see" that my tv can play HDR10 +. Now I see only for example 3840 * 2160 24 hz HDR UHD in movies etc. When playing this hdr10+, see above link , from USB I can not see (iss_hdr10plus) if it would indeed be HDR10 +, no icon or what so ever, as when playing via hdmi (info button).

this concerns the 2018 QE65Q9FNALXXN with the latest firmware 1202.3

I already have UHD Color on the HDMI port my AVR is hanging on for transfer of my media player, but that only works for 50 / 60Hz 4K files.

For example a Panasonic fz800 can also display HDR10 + and HDR10 + pops up as indicates separately (in the info bar at the top of the screen).

My question is how I can perceive that a file with HDR10 + is indeed seen as HDR10 + and that you can "see" it on your TV, so instead of HDR see HDR10 + or something like that.

0 Likes
Solution
mtv1
Explorer
Options
Just got confirmation about HDR vs HDR10+:

Yes, Samsung's 2018 TVs currently display [HDR] only even though they might be playing HDR10+ content.
0 Likes
ceaca
Student
Options

When a new FW showing HDR10+ logo???

0 Likes
Oscarbear
First Poster
Options

I have the same tv samsung 65 inch and when I connect a samsung m7500 blu ray player it clearly comes up in info hdr10+ with lots of other info when watching a hdr10+ movie.

I then tried a Panasonic ub450 with same cables same movie and it just says hdr and uhd not hdr10+ even though the 4k player says its outputting in hdr10+ its frustrating but boils down to me as incompatibility issue

0 Likes
ceaca
Student
Options

It seems the TV downgrade HDR10+ to HDR10 with other UHD Bluray players with HDR10+  then  Samsung playes.

It's a ugly thing to do and no admin from Samsung answers.

No official response.....

0 Likes
Gilson
Apprentice
Options

Where did you get this information from? References please.

0 Likes