Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q9FN One Connect Dolby Atmos/ eARC? HDMI Issues?

(Topic created on: 23-04-2019 10:00 AM)
HuntleyR
Student
Options

I just got a Q9FN and having similar issues to others that I have found.  I have a Denon 4400H receiver, with the eARC updated firmware,  I have a Dolby Atmos setup.  The only way I can get Atmos to work is to run all compnents through the receiver hdmi, then ARC to the OneConnect Box...  I lost the ability to have the FreeSync option when gaming, and the auto game mode, and I also run into handshake issues everynow and then.   If I switch from xbox to comcast or something, sometimes I lose all sound and have to power everything down....  very frusterating. 

I would love to use the OneConnect box as intended and just use the ARC to the receiver, but I can't get it to have Dolby Atmos, even with high end UBD9700 Samsung BluRay player, or any Nexflix app (TV or Xbox)..  So, yea.. sounds like the OneConnect box can't handle Atmos.    I'm hoping for a firmware update, but who knows???   Its' just stupid that a $3k TV can't do the latest audio format that has been around for a few years now...  I'm tempted to return the TV and go OLED..

Ideas??

Thanks

81 REPLIES 81
cyuut
Journeyman
Options

Cheers for the information. And what do you use as input to the HDfury to play video or games

0 Likes
Daskew78
Explorer
Options
I don't game. I have SKY Q, Panasonic UB9000 Blu-Ray player, Xbox One-S (For Netflix as it supports Dolby Atmos and HDR on this device) and lastly the Amazon 4K stick.

It would still support gaming low latency though I'm sure. The good thing about this is that it's firmware upgradeable and they also can just make small alterations to suit you should you need a tweak. Just email them if you are interested but concerned about gaming. I can't recommend it highly enough. It's $600 and saved me a LOT in needing to find AMPs that can support passing through all protocols and eARC is also not need for now and in the future.
Regards
0 Likes
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

@cyuut wrote:

Just to throw in my experience. I have Q9FN 2018 and HW-N950 soundbar. I have PS4 Pro connected in to soundbar and then ARC from soundbar to TV.

When using the PS4 Pro (via soundbar and then selecting HDMI 1) I cannot change the sound output from PCM (i.e. Dolby Digital and DD+ are greyed out). I have PS4 Pro outputting DD in it's settings. I am not getting Atmos for any games which should have Atmos (i.e. no Dolby Atmos scrolling text on the soundbar).

Netflix app (with Super HD profile) both through the TV and the PS4 Pro can't do Atmos.

The only Atmos I've managed is Amazon Prime Video. In this case DOLBY ATMOS scrolls across the display of the soundbar.

It appears that Netflix TV app doesn't support Atmos. But I am confused (and disappointed) why I can't get Atmos from the PS4 Pro.

hi

what does your hw n950 show for Audio on the display when your using the neflix app on the q9fn tv??

thx

0 Likes
Fredg46
Explorer
Options

you will not get Dolby Atmos on Netflix through a Samsung tv, it has to be through another media device. Also would you not be using your Ps4 settings for sound as it passes through the soundbar first, the tv shouldn't have a lot to do with it apart from equilizer settings. If the Ps4 can produce Dolby Atmos then it should be feeding it directly to the soundbar and not through arc. My N950 displays "surround" on Netflix through the tv with the q9fn settings on dd+. the PS4 cannot produce atmos over blu-ray or disc games it can only pass it through apps.

0 Likes
Fredg46
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
Fredg46
Explorer
Options
A list of compatible devices on Netflix to get Dolby Atmos https://help.netflix.com/en/node/64066
0 Likes
Fredg46
Explorer
Options

@Fredg46 wrote:

you will not get Dolby Atmos on Netflix through a Samsung tv, it has to be through another media device. Also would you not be using your Ps4 settings for sound as it passes through the soundbar first, the tv shouldn't have a lot to do with it apart from equilizer settings. If the Ps4 can produce Dolby Atmos then it should be feeding it directly to the soundbar and not through arc. My N950 displays "surround" on Netflix through the tv with the q9fn settings on dd+. the PS4 cannot produce atmos over blu-ray or disc games it can only pass it through apps.

sorry it can do blu-ray just not games, also it's not on the compatible list for netflix to get atmos

0 Likes
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

@Fredg46 wrote:

Thx, you answered a question ive been asking on here last couple days about what the 950 soundbar displays when watching neflix

Does your tv settings expert audio settings stay in 'DD+' mode when you watch netflix?

And does the soundbar not scroll 'dolby digital plus' across the display

I know netflix use dd+ lossy atmos on last years high end sony tvs (i had one)

I beleive SKY will be making their Q box netflix app HDR / atmos compatible sometime this year by firmware update. So thats one way to get atmos sound with q9fn + 950 / 850 soundbar..

Pity samsung cant at least update their netflix app for atmos, especially as it has no DTS support too

0 Likes
Daskew78
Explorer
Options

I use the Xbox One S for Netflix with Dolby Atmos. 

Regards
0 Likes
Fredg46
Explorer
Options
my expert settings are DD in the Netflix interface but once I start a movie or show the settings automatically switch to DD+ the sound bar displays surround when I switch to that setting but that's it, all I get is "TV ARC" and a + or - if I adjust the sound. The only time I've seen Dolby Atmos scroll across was on Prime once and playing blu-rays and I don't recall ever seeing Dolby Digital plus scroll across, but that doesn't mean it hasn't I may just not have noticed it.

Yes I agree that Samsung is pretty slack and for their flagship top of the range tv you would think they could have splurged out for some licenses. I think it's the same for this years models too and don't expect any updates from them unless you buy a new tv will be the only way u might get an updated version of Netflix to allow Dolby Atmos
0 Likes