Support

Open search

Q7FN HDMI resolution indicator not updating

Apprentice

Hello,

When using HDMI inputs (ex. PC), when you press the OK button, on the top right part of the screen, it shows the resolution that you are currently using.

I have noticed that when I change resolutions, ex. going from 1080p 120Hz to 4k 60Hz, or whatever small change you might do, the indication does not change. So, I might be running my PC on 4k 60Hz and the indication still shows 1080p 60 Hz from the previous setting that I had when I first turned on the TV. And the only way to see the current resolution is to actually turn off the TV and turn it back on again.

I confirm that the same problem existed with the Q7 2017 model because I actually had one a while ago.

Is there a workaround or a fix? I am using latest firmware 1202.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Navigator

Hi @caboomgr,

Try to activate HDMI UHD Color, you can find the option on Menu => Settings General => HDMI UHD Color =>External Device Manager

Apprentice

Please read the original post more carefully since your reply has nothing to do with the problem.

(UHD color is already enabled) 

Apprentice

Hello,

This is just a follow up, noting that the problem remains even with the latest firmware 1202. (I have also edited my original post for firmware change).

Regards

I can confirm same issue with my Q7FN (Model: QE55Q7FNAT).

Also running also latest FW 1202.3.

Top Liked Authors