Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q7FN Ambient mode not showing local weather

(Topic created on: 05-12-2018 12:33 AM)
Akechuk
Apprentice
Options

Hey folks.  We've just bought a Q7FN, which we're really enjoying, but have run into an issue.  Ambient mode is great, but when we go into the weather screen within it, we get the weather for Ottawa, which is on the other side of the country (we're in Vancouver).  I have the TV tied to my Samsung account, and my address is in the account, but other than that I can't find anywhere that I might be able to set the location.  I chatted with customer service today, and was told that the TV will just show the weather "in selected cities", but couldn't give me any information on how to select those cities, or if that's even possible.  

It seems pretty strange that there wouldn't be an option to have it able to be the actual local weather, so I'm hoping there was a miscommunication.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HerrSchuler
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem.  I'm in Illinois and the weather info cycles between Philadelphia, Houston, San Francisco....  any help from Samsung would be great.

HughJorgan
Student
Options

Same here.  Same TV same issue and actually same location.  In Vancouver and the weather is showing the east coast.

TomShreds
Student
Options

This is by far the dumbest feature I ever encountered. Let's have a weather mode without having a location setting.

This and the non working smart view (since 2017) are all small reasons leading to custom insastisfaction.

Samsung???

Vasic91
First Poster
Options

Same here. Paid $1890 for Q9FN and the TV can't update location. How they show weather data on Samsung phones for all locations in the world, but they can't show on TV? I paid the same ammount (if not more) like other costumers that have more features than me. Why we didn't pay less money if we can't use all the features?