Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q7F QLED - No iplayer or My5

(Topic created on: 07-02-2018 07:40 PM)
thecaretaker
Explorer
Options

Has anybody got iplayer or My5 working?

I haven't been able to use either app since November 2017.

I contacted Samsung who took control of my TV, reset everything and took some details in the engineers menu but that didn't fix it.

I've contacted iplayer to give them details and this was posted on their website: 

Why am I seeing an 'Error 02001' message when I try to watch a programme on my Samsung TV?

*** Tuesday 16 January ***

We're aware that a few people are seeing the message 'Error 02001: Something went wrong loading this programme' when trying to watch programmes on Samsung TVs.

We're looking into this and we'll update this FAQ with any further information. 

In the meantime, we recommend making sure your TV's firmware is up to date and changing your Video Quality setting to see if that resolves the issue. You can change the Video Quality on BBC iPlayer by going to Settings > Video Quality.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/troubleshooting/tv-games-consoles/samsung-02001

I updated the TV's firmware on 27th December 2017 to the latest 1155.1 but that didn't fix it.

I have even tried different firmware versions in my Netgear router in case an firmware update broke it.

I am aware that other Samsung TV's have also had this problem, but has anybody found a work-around to get it working?

It's been 3 months now....

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
thecaretaker
Explorer
Options

I'm wondering, knowing that the BBC stopped supporting iplayer on older Samsung TV's, has a mistake been made and the app has been affected on the latest model?

How many other Samsung users are in the same boat?

0 Likes
thecaretaker
Explorer
Options

OK, Am I the only person now unable to watch iplayer or my5?

Have I missed something?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

wrote:

Has anybody got iplayer or My5 working?

I haven't been able to use either app since November 2017.

I contacted Samsung who took control of my TV, reset everything and took some details in the engineers menu but that didn't fix it.

I've contacted iplayer to give them details and this was posted on their website: 

Why am I seeing an 'Error 02001' message when I try to watch a programme on my Samsung TV?

*** Tuesday 16 January ***

We're aware that a few people are seeing the message 'Error 02001: Something went wrong loading this programme' when trying to watch programmes on Samsung TVs.

We're looking into this and we'll update this FAQ with any further information. 

In the meantime, we recommend making sure your TV's firmware is up to date and changing your Video Quality setting to see if that resolves the issue. You can change the Video Quality on BBC iPlayer by going to Settings > Video Quality.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/troubleshooting/tv-games-consoles/samsung-02001

I updated the TV's firmware on 27th December 2017 to the latest 1155.1 but that didn't fix it.

I have even tried different firmware versions in my Netgear router in case an firmware update broke it.

I am aware that other Samsung TV's have also had this problem, but has anybody found a work-around to get it working?

It's been 3 months now....

Hi @thecaretaker,    realise that this is frustrating , have you been in touch with Samsung again  or did they view it as a developer issue and were you given any indication of a solution in sight?   Does not seem further information from BBC  online but have you had any feedback. ?  Realise  Samsung  previously accessed your set but  I  would reset the SmartHub  and possibly reinstall apps  to see if it makes a difference.  Know  a few problems with Iplayer on some sets previously reported  and on ocassions with All4 and My5, however  as far as aware many do not have issues.  I have not had any problem with apps on the MU series.   

I am a customer like yourself, possibly Mods may have further advice.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
thecaretaker
Explorer
Options

Hi, yes I have tried resetting the smart hub and started afresh. Even went into engineers screen and did a full reset of the TV, still nothing.

Samsung said it would be fixed in the next firmware update. The update on 27 December didn't fix it and we are long overdue for an new firmware update. I keep checking the website and on the TV daily.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I was getting to think I was talking to myself. 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@thecaretakerwrote:

Hi, yes I have tried resetting the smart hub and started afresh. Even went into engineers screen and did a full reset of the TV, still nothing.

Samsung said it would breplaced. in the next firmware update. The update on 27 December didn't fix it and we are long overdue for an new firmware update. I keep checking the website and on the TV daily.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I was getting to think I was talking to myself. 

Hi just got my q9f this morning updated software to 1155.1 which is on the website. 

How do you find the brightness and HDR as I thing its no where as good as the ks9500 it replaced. On the ks when HDR kicked in you new but on this there is not much difference. 

Paul

0 Likes
thecaretaker
Explorer
Options
I had to make a lot of adjustments in the picture menu once HDR is pressed to get a satisfactory picture. I don't like the way the picture goes dark and bright with lag when local dimming is on med/high. Low is tolerable, but not good. I don't tend to use the setting much.
heato49
First Poster
Options

Hi,Ihave the same problem with my 49inch 2017 smart tv no iplayer and no my5 i am with talktalk and just got there so called super duper fastSagecom router and have proplems since it was connected,the TV kept would not keep the wifi so i wired it now oknot saying the router is blocking iplayer and my5 as i get both through my talktalk youview box i also looked at BBC website a complete wast of time i have asked Samsung for tech but have not heard back as yet but readind the coments not sure even if they do come back it will not rectify the problem. Its pretty poor when you spend a a lot of money on TVS they dont do the jop they are suppoed to,I have spent a lot of money on Samsung products over the years I have 4 TVS 1 Blueray CD plaker and a Tablet and Phone not sure about Samsung anymore.  

0 Likes