Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q7C owners, could you tell me if your Prime Video app works?

(Topic created on: 13-03-2018 07:25 AM)
DevilsReject
Explorer
Options

Hello, if anyone has a Samsung Q7C TV could you please tell me if your Prime Video app works? Mine never has and I’m trying to find out if it’s my TV or all QLED TV’s that it doesn’t work on. Thanks.

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

I have the Q7F model and Prime video is working fine.

Have you tried a factory reset?  What problems are you having?

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
DevilsReject
Explorer
Options

Thanks Phil,

Yes Samsung have remote connected and reset hub and tv to factory and even changed DNS settings, deleted and reinstalled and even set to USA region and it still won’t get passed the Prime Video Loading screen. Samsung are saying it’s not a fault and Amazon are not confirming they have an issue so I’m checking if everyone else can run the app ok to prove it’s my TV because not a single person has posted this issue online besides me. 

As as you have a Q7F which is the same as mine only flat then if yours is working then chances are that it is indeed my hub that is faulty in some way.

Are you able to confirm the software version on your TV is the latest 1151?

Thanks

Rob

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DevilsRejectWhilst I'm not a Q7 owner , just to say that the latest firmware for your model is now 1201.0-the second update since 1151.  Therefore I would download to USB and update that way which may make a difference to your issue.  For instance this is link to 55" model but same firmware for others.  http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE55Q7CAMTXXU If still problem would suggest you reset the Smart Hub and if necessary do factory reset (even if this has been done previously)   I have seen advice online about sometimes needing to clear cache  when apps updated  and suggestion from an ISP was to unplug TV for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in and hold down the power button for about 20 seconds  Otherwise think  would need to get back to Samsung.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Also running a Q7F and no issues with Amazon Prime. Did have an issue with the TV plus in that it wouldn't display any films to select, but updated to latest firmware and all is now working.

Point to note is that running an auto update through the TV doesn't work, as it doesn't find the latest firmware online. You have to go to the support page for the TV and download it, and more importantly extract it to a USB to allow the TV to 'see it'.

Hope you have success...

DevilsReject
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, hopefully that’s the problem! I have been doing manual checks for updates via the TV and it just says there is no new update so I’ll give the USB update a go instead and I’ll post back the results.

Honestly you would think two grand smart TV’s would be a little more... smart...

cheers

DevilsReject
Explorer
Options

Hi again,

I have followed your instructions to update the firmware to 1201 (funnily enough Samsung have finally also just advised me about this) and no luck. It’s still stuck on Prime Video Loading for a minute then nothing. Tried reinstalling the app and changing DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 instead of automatic and even pulled all power to the TV for a few minutes and still stuck the same.

I have now gone back to Samsung to advise this and I’m going to try emailing the developer of the app directly as well but as it’s working on other TV’s this has to be an issue with my TV I think! 

Whats most annoying is that if I were to sell this tv in 6 months time I think I’d have a pretty hard job selling it without something like Prime Video not working and I wouldn’t want to be dishonest and just let hem find it for themselves. I think samsung need to fix this as there must be something wrong in my hub memory wise.

Thanks for your help again. I welcome any other thoughts, and anyone else confirming if there’s is working fine!

Thanks

Rob

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DevilsRejectwrote:

Hi again,

I have followed your instructions to update the firmware to 1201 (funnily enough Samsung have finally also just advised me about this) and no luck. It’s still stuck on Prime Video Loading for a minute then nothing. Tried reinstalling the app and changing DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 instead of automatic and even pulled all power to the TV for a few minutes and still stuck the same.

I have now gone back to Samsung to advise this and I’m going to try emailing the developer of the app directly as well but as it’s working on other TV’s this has to be an issue with my TV I think! 

Whats most annoying is that if I were to sell this tv in 6 months time I think I’d have a pretty hard job selling it without something like Prime Video not working and I wouldn’t want to be dishonest and just let hem find it for themselves. I think samsung need to fix this as there must be something wrong in my hub memory wise.

Thanks for your help again. I welcome any other thoughts, and anyone else confirming if there’s is working fine!

Thanks

Rob

Pity still problem,  cannot think of anything else at moment so hopefully Samsung/others can advise.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Have you tried uninstalling the app? Apologies if you have tried this. I would uninstall the app, reset the hub (not the telly), sign back in and re-install (if it hasn't already).  Additionally - long shot - but create a second Samsung account and sign in and see if that makes any odds.

Also - any firewalls running on your BB router you could disable just to eliminate that as an issue.

When connecting to Amazon I assume you are signing in and not skipping the sign in process?

0 Likes
DevilsReject
Explorer
Options

Thanks for your feedback. I’ll give the router and Samsung account thing a try. I can’t actually uninstall the app as the option “delete” is greyed out so the only option I have is to “re-install” which I’ve done along with resetting the hub etc. I also don’t get as far as any login prompt to skip as the app doesn’t load at all.