Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q7C owners, could you tell me if your Prime Video app works?

(Topic created on: 18-04-2018 03:43 PM)
DevilsReject
Explorer
Options

Hello, if anyone has a Samsung Q7C TV could you please tell me if your Prime Video app works? Mine never has and I’m trying to find out if it’s my TV or all QLED TV’s that it doesn’t work on. Thanks.

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25
daz12
Apprentice
Options

*UPDATE*

Hi everyone,

Just received a phone call from the TV engineers and they have told me what the problem is.

Once they had my TV they connencted it to their own internet router and was unable to use the apps getting the same security certificate warning, so they have told me that this is due to a problem with the internal memory of the smart hub, so instead of accessing the internal memory and scrolling through possibly thousands of pages of script to pin point the problem, they are going to replace the PCB board and install the software on it with the latest update on it as well, they are obviously not sure how this has happened but replacing the board will fix this problem.

Im quite happy that they did find this problem, as I was starting to think it might be my set up in my home, using powerline plugs for my internet, but alas its not, of which when phoning samsung direct, they did tell my that it could be my ISP.

So, they have ordered the new part and said I should have my TV back hopefully by next Tuesday.

Hopefully this will help anyone else having the same problems, I would'nt waste time trying to phone samsung direct in Manilla, if its still under warrenty go straight to your authorised repair dealer and get it sorted that way, Im still waiting on a phone call back form samsung.

I'll send an update when I get the TV back.

Cheers 

Daz

DevilsReject
Explorer
Options

Hi Daz, great result and advice on going to the authorised repair dealer as I agree it takes so much longer than necessary when going through the official helpline route as they think the issue couldn’t possibly be the TV itself but when no one else is having the same issue sometimes, like in this case, it goes to show that strange things within the hardware can happen, which I’m sure is the case with mine too.

Keep us posted on if all is well when your TV is returned.

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options
Hi

Just to add that 4K streaming on Amazon prime seems to have broken, both myself and another poster have found the same issue.

Regards

Phil
0 Likes
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Phil, Just taken a quick look at some of the slim 4k offerings on Amazon Prime, and mine streamed with no problems. Not sure if that helps any...?

0 Likes
Leg2ion
Pathfinder
Options

@Leg2ion wrote:

Hi Phil, Just taken a quick look at some of the slim 4k offerings on Amazon Prime, and mine streamed with no problems. Not sure if that helps any...?

OK - suckback on that one. TV has updated itself to the latest firmware overnight - just checked and it is now only streaming in HD 1080p....

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Doesn't surprise me it's a broken firmware update, Samsung = no proper testing of updates, no release notes so we don't even know if it was delibrate, and there will be zero support or information offered as to when it will get fixed.

Considering Samsung made a big deal out of HD10+ support on Amazon, now its been taken away, probably an argument between Amazon and Samsung on who pays what for the licencing so its been removed.  

Will it be fixed, well given our TVs are now last years models, I doubt it if the iPlayer situation is anything to go by.

It will be a good reason to get a refund on the TV.

Regards

Phil

0 Likes