Support

Open search

Purple patches on TV

Navigator

You are absolutely right.  However, it would certainly take a dedicated legal team to get this going, and I am not sure that this is possible at this time.  Yes, I am sure that the costs to Samsung would be substantial. This is not a cheap repair.  In fact, it is a replacement of the TV.  I am also sure that at Samsung there are furious meetings back and forth on this and probably a preparation for a court challenge.

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@aretzios wrote:

You are absolutely right.  However, it would certainly take a dedicated legal team to get this going, and I am not sure that this is possible at this time.  Yes, I am sure that the costs to Samsung would be substantial. This is not a cheap repair.  In fact, it is a replacement of the TV.  I am also sure that at Samsung there are furious meetings back and forth on this and probably a preparation for a court challenge.

If it is a known fault then under the 2015 consumer law you are entitled to a repair up to 6 years.  The ks refund more info thread has all the info how to go about it.  If you bought by credit card you have section 75.

Paul

I also joined this unwanted club with my 4 years old 40h6400. A beautiful purple spot with the size of a hand in the middle of the screen.

I talked with a friend which works in a authorised Samsung service and it confirmed that the only fix is to replace the display panel, so yeah it will end up in the bin.

Needles to say that after this experience i will never buy Samsung tv's, even if until now i only used this brand, but i see that the quality is getting worse with each new model...

Top Liked Authors