Support

Open search

Ps4 Pro HDR on UA55MU9000

Highlighted
SOLVED

Hi all, just got a new TV (model number listed above) and Im pretty sure it said it offered HDR 10. I have a ps4 pro but I cannot get the ps4 to recognise the TV is HDR. I have gone into external devices and activated the HDR UHD for the port connected to the ps4 pro. I have also tried it with on game mode and without game mode, no matter what I do I cannot get the ps4 to recognise that the TV is HDR. I honestly can't figure it out. Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I managed to find the problem. Which I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from. I have installed the Psvr system which runs the hdmi port through it into the TV. The Psvr box doesn't support HDR so I needed to bypass it. Hope this helps anyone who else runs into this issue. 

3 REPLIES
Black Belt 

@Jaykobi131wrote:

Hi all, just got a new TV (model number listed above) and Im pretty sure it said it offered HDR 10. I have a ps4 pro but I cannot get the ps4 to recognise the TV is HDR. I have gone into external devices and activated the HDR UHD for the port connected to the ps4 pro. I have also tried it with on game mode and without game mode, no matter what I do I cannot get the ps4 to recognise that the TV is HDR. I honestly can't figure it out. Please help! 

Have you enabled the uhd mode for the hdmi input for the PlayStation as it is off by default. 

Paul

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I managed to find the problem. Which I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from. I have installed the Psvr system which runs the hdmi port through it into the TV. The Psvr box doesn't support HDR so I needed to bypass it. Hope this helps anyone who else runs into this issue. 

Apprentice

the new one support hdr passthrough look for the code barcode if it reads

CUH-ZVR2 

your ok 

https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/02/sony-s-updated-playstation-vr-won-t-block-hdr/

Top Liked Authors