Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompted to upgrade app and now it has problems - can you downgrade back to old one

(Topic created on: 16-07-2017 09:28 AM)
AndyT8
First Poster
Options

I have a UE40H6400AKXXU smart tv and recently it has been asking me to upgrade some apps. Silly like I accepted and now one of my favourite apps  The Weather Network has problems which it never had before. It wont display any of the maps of the weather (used to be fine) and the Samsung Smart remote control can only be used in what I call "cursor mode" with the arrow keys and the pointing mode which is much easier no longer works.

Previously I had a choice of maps of weather, radar, traffic and the interactive pointer worked just fine.

Surely there must be a way to go back to the previous version of the app ?   I am now on the March 2017 version but I did not record the previous version I had loaded.

Thanks,

Andy

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @AndyT8.

Is the software of your TV up to date? Go to Menu > Support > Software Update > Update Now.

Also, you can try a Smart Hub reset which will remove all your apps before downloading again from scratch. Go to Menu > Smart Hub > Reset Smart Hub. Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes