Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powering off USB when TV off too

(Topic created on: 01-04-2019 11:22 AM)
terytor
First Poster
Options

I have a LED lights connected into USB. I want to off LED lights when I power off TV Samsung nu7400

Now the TV is off but the lights still working all night.

Please help me.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Newbully
First Poster
Options

Well, I interfaced an opto-isolator that turns a relay on to provide power to a stereo and sub-woofer. When the TV is turned off the stereo turns off as well but then 10 seconds later turns back on to eventually turn of later. So I think there is a capacitor still providing power to the port until it drains. I was looking here to find answers but do not see any. I have to check the voltage and current and see if it drops of and how. That may shed light on it. 

0 Likes
Pacnw
First Poster
Options

Did you ever resolve your problem?

im seeing the same thing on my series 6 uhd tv.  I want led bias lights to turn off (and staff off) when TV turned off.

How are others are doing this? USB  Bias lighting is super common..

0 Likes
Newbully
First Poster
Options

No. The TV stopped functioning. They replaced the oowerboard, they replaced the processor board, they replaced the panel, they replaced the rubbon cables. That was on four trips over two months. THEN they replaced the entire TV. When the NEW TV was put in service I still had an issue where the TV comes back on when you power it off with the remote. That happens so now and then. Samsung says that it is old batteries and who knows what. No it is a software problem. I have not hooked up anything to the TV out of fear soemthing will happen and have to go throught the nightmare as mentioned before. Very disappointed with Samsung Service and repair. They are SOOOOO nice on the phone and then don't do anything, at least not the right thing. 

0 Likes