Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture judder

(Topic created on: 10-07-2018 11:52 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , been reading through some posts and something that seems to be very common with Samsung TVs is picture judder , I have a ue49mu6500 TV and had the judder set to custom / 10 but it seemed better set to auto !! So my question is , do Samsung actually look at issues like judder and send out a firmware/software update to sort it ??? Also how do I know if my TV has the latest update ??? Thanks , Dave 

0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41
The_Inspector
Apprentice
Options

Negative, you need to have a Broadband connection to receive updates.

0 Likes
The_Inspector
Apprentice
Options

I have never head of any electronics manufacturer sending updates via OTA (Over The Air) Update are provided for download to USB thumb drives, or via the internet.

0 Likes
The_Inspector
Apprentice
Options

When I puchased my TV this month, as soon as I turned it on, it notified me of an update waiting. Also, you can go into your "Settings", "Support", and "Software Update.

0 Likes
johnwaynekelly
Student
Options
thanks a lot for the info It makes a world of difference watching football 😀
0 Likes
johnwaynekelly
Student
Options
mine updated with wifi
0 Likes
Nathan9
First Poster
Options

The problem with turning it off is that the Picture quality is horrendous, simply horrendous

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I really don't know how you can say it's horrendous , it's not horrendous at all , watching 1080 hd it's absolutely fine so I really don't know how you can say it's horrendous , perhaps you need to tweak your settings .

0 Likes
Asymptotic
First Poster
Options

OTA includes updates sent by wifi.

0 Likes
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

Ive got a q9fn qled, and i found a big improvement in 'judder' by turning all auto motion setting OFF

I know it seems back to front but i had recorded clips on sky q when i seen bad stutter/judder

After turning all motion setting off, judder - 0 and. Blur at 0, i played the same clips again on sky q and no stutter/judder and i couldnt see any blur or artifacts

This may not work for 24fps movies, but for normal sky programmes which are 50fps its worked here

0 Likes
Nathan9
First Poster
Options

Leet, dont you find though with Automotion off, that motion while smooth and judderless, is just a little too blurry?  It probably all comes down to the source.  I am having trouble on Directv when I turn automotion on with judder on some channels, but when it is working properly the picture is just so much better than when it is off.  The judder drives me absolutely crazy though.  Is there any potential automotion can be improved with new firmware releases, or is that pretty much hard coded and not changeable. 

0 Likes