Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture judder with sky

(Topic created on: 27-07-2018 11:25 AM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , I've noticed picture judder using sky hd with resolution of 1080i especially sky news ticker at the bottom of the screen , it's really stuttering , I changed the resolution on the sky box to 720p and put auto motion to 5 and the picture doesn't judder , hardly any difference watching a 720p to 1080i , tht I'd share 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options
Its a common thing with the judder on Samsung tv's and an ongoing issue you will see on the community. Try adjusting the judder settings like most of us have and see if you can get a balance with your picture.
0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Samsung TVs are about the worse for motion handling and artefacts, judder can never be completely elminated due to bugs in their processors and software which they have no intention of ever fixing, and you can get a couple of seconds of what seems like a few frames per second, i.e. frames are dropped, the TV quickly has to catch up it seems, giving rise to stutters etc.

You can either return the TV and get one from just about any other manufacturer which will perform without these issues, or keep tweaking until you can find a setting you can live with and just get use to it, then remember never to buy a Samsung TV again.

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
Tony_R47
First Poster
Options
Phil

Well said, I'm having issues with a 55MU7000 just had over a month now and I think it's gonna go back, I'm not paying all this money and for me it's a lot of money, to mess about with a TV so much. I want an out of the Box TV that works without issue.

This is my first Samsung and will definitely be my last!!

This TV is going to go back, regardless I've had it more than a month, I'll use the Consumer Act to my advantage and they better be prepared for a fight if they refuse to refund me!
0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

I have the UE55MU700 and i agree it still has the judder, but trust me it was alot better than the cured tv i had which i sent back within the month. I have played with the judder settings and agree its still there on certain camera tv angles, but the picture quality is amazing on this tv. 

0 Likes
Markberry
First Poster
Options

We’ve had a similar issue with Sky. We found  switching off the motion judder settings worked.

some helpful setup info here: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/nu8000/settings

0 Likes