Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS4 PRO and SAMSUNG TV combatablitly? (Black dropouts)

(Topic created on: 17-04-2019 03:16 PM)
TechmoUK
Journeyman
Options

Hello I've recently purchased a PS4 PRO to go with my 4K Samsung TV (40MU6120).

I'm having some blackouts where my screen would go to black while playing and then return to normal a few seconds later.  Happens usually within the area of an hour of first playing, then it won't happen again. 

I googled the issue and I'm not alone, Samsung tv being in 90 percent of these complaints.

I've tried various HDMI cords. It also seems Sony are blaming samsung and vice versa. I just want an answer?

Anyone else come across this? 

28 REPLIES 28
TechmoUK
Journeyman
Options
Its cool. Thanks for helping. Just hope they come out with a fix. Either from Sony or Samsung regarding a firmware update.

Reddit seems to full of posts like mine.
0 Likes
Discopimp
Apprentice
Options

This problem is annoying as it seems to be random times when the tv blacks out and mine definitely blacks out for at least 5 secs which isn't alot I know but I bought the tv for gaming only really and can be a real pain playing games like H1Z1 and Battlefield 1 which are online shooters.. me and my friend both have Qe55q7fam 2017 models .. really hope this gets a fix

0 Likes
TechmoUK
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same as mine. Its too much of a coincinedence for this to happen to you and your friend. 

0 Likes
Discopimp
Apprentice
Options

Does anyone know if this forum is actually  moderated by actual Samsung employees who will look into this probkem or do I have to call them for help?

0 Likes
TechmoUK
Journeyman
Options

Seems that you have to call them. I've private messaged you. 

0 Likes
JJE1313
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same type of issue with my TV. The difference for me is when I turn on my PS4 Pro, the screen will go black for 1 to 2 minutes before coming up. No further problems after that. I have a 49 inch, 4k TV (don't remember the model #). I did not have this problem when I was running the regular PS4, this only started happening with the pro version. Any advice?

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @JJE1313 . Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Since the previous messages on this thread, my friend tried a different one and this fixed the issue. 

0 Likes
JJE1313
Apprentice
Options

I have tried several. All of them are high speed HDMI. Problem persisted. I'm beginning to think this is a software/hardware compatability issue. Either Sony or Samsung need to step up and fix this. Preferably both would be nice.

Kimo42
Student
Options

Try changing the resolution of your ps4 pro from "automatic" to "2160p-YUV420"..I had the same problem of random blackouts with a Samsung KS9500. This resolved it.

Bluski
First Poster
Options

Bit late to the party but also disable HDCP. It means you can't watch Netflix or some other streaming but it should stop the blackouts in gaming

0 Likes