Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 05-03-2019 05:11 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
YourCustomer
Apprentice
Options

@vangeliis wrote:

@JAMES4578 wrote:

@YourCustomer wrote:

Any chance that Samsung will change their minds and include Airplay2 support in the firmware of the earlier models?

Hi @YourCustomer , Unfortunately there are no plans to extend Airplay2 support to pre 2018 models at present.  Whilst possibility of changes in the future, Samsung appear to have nothing definite on this.  (had confirmation from Moderator)

@JAMES4578

Is there any hardware limitation 'cause Vizio will add Airplay2 to their 2017 models.

I believe Vizio will put it even on some of their 2016 models. Kind of sad to see that they have better support than a more premium brand like Samsung. 

I think the hardware shouldn't be a problem right? Screen mirroring is also possible with (very crappy) apps on older models. 

Even the firmware is in a sense generic for a certain range of models, not that they have to individually change it for every tv set. So there is almost zero effort to support their customers on this.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@vangeliis wrote:

@JAMES4578 wrote:

@YourCustomer wrote:

Any chance that Samsung will change their minds and include Airplay2 support in the firmware of the earlier models?

Hi @YourCustomer , Unfortunately there are no plans to extend Airplay2 support to pre 2018 models at present.  Whilst possibility of changes in the future, Samsung appear to have nothing definite on this.  (had confirmation from Moderator)

@JAMES4578

Is there any hardware limitation 'cause Vizio will add Airplay2 to their 2017 models.

@vangeliis@YourCustomer     Whilst I do not have definitive information  some chipsets are unable to support the functionality .   Therefore  there will certainly  be hardware limitations in respect of  some pre 2018 models . Vizio are in a different situation , however I should point out that both Sony and LG are only supporting Airplay2 in 2019 models.   Samsung  is the only manufactuer which will actually have a direct App, the others wil use Homekit.

https://www.imore.com/airplay-homekit-smart-tv

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

@JAMES4578 

Many thanks for the info with regard to Airport2 support.

Do you know if Samsung are still working on fixing the "green flashes" issue on the MU series? I think it is well established now that v1262 doesn't completely eliminate the problem.

See what you think.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@vangeliisKnow some folk thought v1262 helped but still seems an issue  with Green Flashes on Game consoles. According to @DavidB  Moderator on German Community the major changes were :

Fixed a Bug that could cause drops outs on VOD  (was unsure if that would help PS4 Pro issue)

Time Delay for HTTP Live Streaming has been shortened.

Jerk problems with 1260 should also be solved an an idea to reset to factory setttings.  As far as I know  Samsung aware still an issue.   Will update if there is any further information.

It has been mentioned on this thread before that using Pc Mode is a possible fix.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

@JAMES4578 

Thanks again for the info. I can confirm v1262 does not solve the green flashes with my Nvidia Shield TV.

Do you know if Samsung have a beta testing programme? I'd be happy to participate.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@vangeliis ,  Prior to V1262 there was Beta Firmware 1259  for 2017 models (stated to be compatible with all European models) available on USB stick via German community.  However upon checking there does not appear to be anything further at the  moment.

one French user though did experience issue (2018 model in their case) and needed to wait for the next update though seemed it was not commonplace Beta Firmware 1159

Not program as such like for the  Galaxy mobiles Galaxy Beta Testing

0 Likes
FenderIsKing
Apprentice
Options

So seeing as the firmware running on the MU7070 55" is inferior to firmware 1252 (the image clarity and stability was simply incredible, but you chose to roll something back and remove that, this froma friend who is a professional video editor!) is Samsung done with the firmware updates for this model, or are further updates in the pipeline, James?

0 Likes
alexx271
Journeyman
Options

все правильно сделал!
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@FenderIsKing  More Firmware Updates will be  be available for your model, though I do not have  a definite timeframe at  present.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@alexx271's post  seems to be @     done everything right!