Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 14-02-2019 02:59 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

@jrpbkpcap1994 

where do you run your Amazon prime app from? From your Xbox, TV or Fire stick?

and what do you use to stream 4K video?

0 Likes
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
I was having the flashes while watching Live TV and recorded content on a Sky+ and Humax Box.
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

@Gerrymac 

is it via HDMI?

0 Likes
Badluck
Explorer
Options
Spoiler
Spoiler

Over the last few weeks I had a new main bored fitted that didn't sort the issue they then fitted a new screen which did solve the issue but there was another fault with the screen they fitted as it damaged at the top finally I've given up with the TV and Samsung authorized a returned to the retailer under warranty I've now swapped it for a different brand of TV 

0 Likes
jrpbkpcap1994
Pioneer
Options

@vangeliis

I use the app on the TV.

Side note ,this is not a hardware issue this is a firmware issue. When the repair guy replaced the main board on your TV it probably had a old version of firmware on it which is why it cleared up the flashes  

0 Likes
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Yes....All 3 are connected via HDMI
Dextersarmy
First Poster
Options

Just tuned on my mu6400 this morning massive picture break up. Did picture reset and sorted the tv but this has happened about 3 times now . On latest firmware 1262. Anyone else having issues.

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

Just had my TV panel replaced (MU6470, under warranty) by Group FX (http://thefxgroup.net). The engineer was very competent. 5 star job.

He wasn't aware of the 'green flashes' issue but he offerd to update the Sub-micom version to T-KTMINTV-1014. Not sure what v1014 fixes, does anybody know?

I will report back if I notice anything different.

0 Likes
Zzzzzzz
Student
Options

I contacted samsung support ..they conected remotly to my tv and did service reset. After that everythibg works ok

Madasahat
Voyager
Options

@vangeliis wrote:

@jrpbkpcap1994 

where do you run your Amazon prime app from? From your Xbox, TV or Fire stick?

and what do you use to stream 4K video?

Use the  built in applications and you should get 4k content (Amazon and Netflix commissions are always 4k)

On Netflix when playing a stream press the info button and you will see the bitrate in the top left. Not sure how you see the bitrate on Amazon but you can see it. If you press setting or home button while watching any source and go to the picture quick link it shows if viewing in HDR also