Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 31-01-2019 11:55 AM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Badluck wrote:

Thank you you've been a lot more helpful than Samsung's support who told me I couldn't even do a update on a usb drive on a Mac which I just done and worked fine 

Hi @Badluck Glad you have found the forum to your liking :smiling-face:    It used to the the case that the firmware updates were only compatible with Windows devices  but see notes now say all operating  systems and therefore should be fine for Macs.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
NiGhtyMan
First Poster
Options

Hello dear community
I have one question : Is there any trick or a hidden menu to activate the PIP in our MU7000 ?
I have a Samsung MU7000 and in the e-manual i have the PIP on it
But in the menu : nothing
In the e-manual, they say that the availability of this option may depends on the geographical area ... so I’m asking if there is a trick to activate this option by changing the area in the secret menu.
Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Badluck
Explorer
Options

Hi I've still been getting green flashes on the PS4 after updating to the latest filmware 1262.0 my TV is 55mu6400

0 Likes
bash413
Student
Options

hi

i am new to samsung and i wanted to know what does the firmware update does to tv? i have seen comments here that firmware updates have removed previously installed apps like smart-iptv which is insane considering the fact that samsung does not have any decent iptv apps on the store infact this app is 1 of 2 available.

so can anyone confirm what does the firmware update does to the tv?

0 Likes
apotsi
Explorer
Options
It's the Operating System of the TV. It's like Windows or Linux for your PC.
0 Likes
gabiteris
Student
Options

Samsung also updates your freakin operating system even if I have set "automatic update" to disabled. Thanks a bunch, can't wait to sell it and jump to LG. Samsung couldn't care less about it's customers.

0 Likes
dsa13
Apprentice
Options

MU6100 fw 1262

I also have green flashes, but they have become much smaller. I want to make a hard reset through the engineering menu, maybe it will help, but not sure.

0 Likes
apotsi
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
jrpbkpcap1994
Pioneer
Options

If 1262.0 is available for your region on the website then download it, extract it to a USB stick, plug it into a USB port on your TV, go to options and system update, select update now and when it asks to search usb drive for firmware click yes. 1262.0 completely fixes green flashes. 

0 Likes
jrpbkpcap1994
Pioneer
Options

@Badluck @ I have a Xbox One X and I don't have the issues anymore. It's either specific to the ps4 now or maybe your hdmi cable? 

0 Likes