Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 04-01-2019 02:57 AM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
King_Crimson
Apprentice
Options

I believe their is still no way to confirm 10+ playback through Amazon Prime. Even on my TV when playing 10+ content(A Beautiful Planet) when I press the info button on the MU8000 it just says HDR like it would for anything else that is HDR. Literally the only identifyer is the 10+ display and info coming from my Panasonic UB820. 

0 Likes
Florin231734552
First Poster
Options

@Madasahat wrote:

Big bug in the new update keeps asking me and checking for a new update everytime it powers on

This update adds a new file on your USB drive: X:/SWU_AUTO_FLAG and this file triggers the update process.

If you remove the file, it will no longer checks for updates automatically.

DarkPatch
First Poster
Options

Anyone know if 1260  corrects the issue with the screen going Black when first starting up the TV after being on HDMI.

I would say after 5 or so minutes of being on a HDMI source / PS4, the screen will just go black for a few seconds and then return after that.  OCcasionsally it does it a second time.  

The copy / paste update information on their website is less than helpful:  

- 2017 TV Firmware Kant-M(T-KTMAKUC) 
- Model : MU6000, MU7000, MU8000, MU9000, Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9, LS003 Series 
- Version : 1260.6 
- Purpose . Improved usability . Improved browser performance . Improved app performance . Improved stability . Improved usability of input devices

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options
No it does not fix it. BUT I was using my sound bar via ARC when this was happening. Removed ARC HDMI and it stopped. Was using xbox one X in the 4k HDMI. I think the issue was a poor quality HDMI cable. I am getting a new one this week hopefully will fix it
0 Likes
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

i just start experiencing the same issue! i start regretting getting a Samsung TV customer support is none existing and they promised a bunch stuff and never delivered! There’s no Alexa integration no hdr10+ a lot of problems with 4k devices blinking green (xbox one x) and now black screen (ps4)

0 Likes
Timtoolman
First Poster
Options

After the 1260 update i experience several issues using fire stick streaming. 

1) white flashes and now also colored flashes.

tried all tips i found none helps. 

2) motion handling issues. Smooth-stutter-smooth-stutter playback.

when automotion plus is off its better. Still stutters though. Seems like its still doing motion stuff even when turned off. Plus i want to use it to not lose so much resolution with motion i had it on custom. 

This is only with fire stick. Not using apps. 

Still feels like its a downgrade compared to my 6yr old samsung tv which plays everything smoothly. 

0 Likes
rodzucarelli
First Poster
Options

Hey guys, I just got a new Denon receiver and hooked my Xbox One X on it. The ARC is working flawlessly and guess what, I've got no more colored flashes nor weird greenish stuff after an HDR game is closed. The receiver is set to not process the input image, just bypass the HDMI connection. Now I am really, really confused about what was wrong, but it seems the receiver solved the problems I was having. 

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

@rodzucarelli wrote:

Hey guys, I just got a new Denon receiver and hooked my Xbox One X on it. The ARC is working flawlessly and guess what, I've got no more colored flashes nor weird greenish stuff after an HDR game is closed. The receiver is set to not process the input image, just bypass the HDMI connection. Now I am really, really confused about what was wrong, but it seems the receiver solved the problems I was having. 

I am still having green flashes on the 1260 update with my One X even with ARC (I am on the beta dash with the xbox) The Samsung just does not like ARC and Xbox it seems. I have an issue where the TV would drop out from the HDR signal and revert to normal, I then need to swap inputs and the TV will then pick up the HDR input when put back on Xbox. This only happens with HDMI ARC which is only the sound no pass through. It's annoying as Microsoft and Samsung can't decide who is at fault and trying to find a solution is impossible

0 Likes
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

I’m so done with Samsung, they just announced Itunes for Samsung TV’s but guess what only for 2018 and 2019 models!!! So I guess we are never going to get that or HDR10+ updates! I’m regretting Buying this tv even more now!

"Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.announced today it will offer iTunes Movies and TV Shows and Apple AirPlay 2 support on 2019 Samsung Smart TV models beginning this spring. Support on 2018 Samsung Smart TVs will be made available via firmware update. In an industry first, a new iTunes Movies and TV Shows app will debut only on Samsung Smart TVs in more than 100 countries. AirPlay 2 support will be available on Samsung Smart TVs in 190 countries worldwide."

0 Likes
cormar
Pioneer
Options

hi carlitosmu9000 , i thought you had already the hdr10+ update ?

greetz , cormar

0 Likes