Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 19-11-2018 10:59 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@John_John wrote:

Hello,

Is there any diffrence or are they the same thing:

Firmware 1250.5 available to download from the Samsung site.

And firmware 1250 version that my TV already has running. Same stuff or they just don't show the 0.5 in the TV's menu description ? did any of you guys had 1250 before changing to latest or I'm already there and it's just a silly numbers thing.

Thank you in advance.

@John_John  It's been my experience that the Tv's Menu does not  include the decimal point.    Sure you have the latest firmware, it's showing 1250 on my Tv after I downloaded 1250.5 via Support site to USB.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Sdws917
Explorer
Options

TV doesn’t typically show the decimal. One thing I’ve noticed with this update (that supposedly adds HDR10+) is that when watching Amazon Prime, which (although there’s no badge indicator) streams HDR10+ content, “flickers” during darker scenes. I noticed this with “Patriot”. I wonder if it has something to do with either Amazon’s or Samsung’s implementation of HDR10+. 

John_John
Explorer
Options

Thank you for the help.

One last thing is it possible to lose the menu option: "Transfer Channel List" with all this firmware updates ?

I don't have that option in my menu for a 50MU6102 with the 1250 lastest sofware.

Is it moved ? (but I looked all over for it) or they just removed it with the software update and I'm looking with no hope.

Just wanted to edit my channels after the intial first TV setup and I ussualy just use the export/import function with the USB stick for Samsung TVs.

This is the option I'm missing:

samsung-43mu6102-meniu-setari_09

0 Likes
King_Crimson
Apprentice
Options

So this is my setup Samsung UN65MU8000 (2017 version) / Panasonic DP-UB820  / Samsung HW-M550 + SWA-8500S/ZA

The UB 820 will display what HDR metadata is being displayed on disc. Bad time at El Royale will be the first movie I will be able to test to see if my 820 is truly playing HDR 10+ content to my Mu8000 

Madasahat
Voyager
Options

I have found the green flashing screen issue has returned in gaming mode when I am playing xbox one X 

0 Likes
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

nice! let us know how it goes! but i don't think that movie is released on hdr10+ the only dics with hdr10+ support are these ones https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1539649049

0 Likes
King_Crimson
Apprentice
Options

It has been confirmed by a few sites that Bad Times has HDR 10+ (bluray.com)we will have to wait for official details to confirm though. But I hope they are correct because I would like to know the true HDR capabilities of my 2017 MU8000

0 Likes
lohigno
First Poster
Options

Hi. I wanted to update manually to latest firmware with USB method , but only now i see on my italian tv MU8000 that there isnt any update via USB available , only via OTA.

Why ?

0 Likes
UHDHDR
Voyager
Options

@King_Crimson wrote:

It has been confirmed by a few sites that Bad Times has HDR 10+ (bluray.com)we will have to wait for official details to confirm though. But I hope they are correct because I would like to know the true HDR capabilities of my 2017 MU8000

Confirmation that Amazon Prime is indeed streaming HDR10+ content: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-high-dynamic-range-hdr-wide-color-gamut-wcg/2820017-hdr10-debuts-...

Feel free to test it out on your TV.

carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options

i guess i would have to get a fire stick 4k to truly test this theory,  thanks for the info!

0 Likes