Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 23-10-2018 07:01 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options
hey @cormar i did try the update and nothing new there i tried the amazon app as well and same old hdr stamp and hdr 10 + is no where to be found, tv seems more responsive though and there's a new app called TV plus that's about it!
0 Likes
Sdws917
Explorer
Options

I was going crazy with picture judder and I finally found a solution that worked for me. Hopefully it will work for others. On my satellite box (in my case Directv), I turned off native resolution and only allowed the box to output 1080i and 1080p. As soon as I did that I’ve yet to experience another stutter/judder again. Also make sure film mode and auto motion is off.  It seemed I had the worst judder on broadcasts in 720p so maybe the TV has a hard time with that resolution. Don’t know. All I know is outputting everything to the TV in 1080i or 1080p worked. 

0 Likes
Sdws917
Explorer
Options

Also as far as Amazon goes, there is no HDR10+ indicator period. It will always display HDR no matter what. That’s the problem. Even if we actually do have HDR10+ we’ll never know it. 

0 Likes
carlitosmu9000
Pioneer
Options
maybe but i don't think that's the case if you got to the amazon website you'll find this information:
Prime Video Title Availability
HDR Prime Video titles are offered in two formats:
HDR - HDR titles feature an "HDR" label as well as HDR purchase and viewing options in the video details.
HDR10+ - Select UHD Samsung TVs (2017 and later models) can stream Prime Video content In the HDR10+ format. If your television is compatible, and the Prime Video title supports it, an "HDR10+" label appears instead of the normal "HDR" label in the video details.
Dolby Vision – Certain HDR titles feature Dolby Vision, which is the Dolby Labs HDR standard. For these titles, a "Dolby Vision" icon shows in the video details instead of an "HDR" label.
Note: Prime Video supports Dolby Vision on selected 2016 LG TV models. If you don't have a supported device, titles offered in Dolby Vision are also available to watch in standard HDR format.

We’re continuing to expand our selection of HDR movies and TV shows, but not all Prime Video titles are currently available with these playback options.
0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Mines set to 1080i and it still judders on normal TV , films it's fine just normal TV 

0 Likes
Sdws917
Explorer
Options

carlitosmu9000, yes very confusing.  I pulled this from Hi Def Digest:

According to Amazon, all of Prime Video's HDR movies and shows are now available to stream in HDR10+ on supported Samsung displays. Sadly, however, the company doesn't exactly make it easy to verify this fact. While Amazon's website states that a specific "HDR10+" label is supposed to appear in the video details for applicable titles, this is not actually the case. Instead, customer service confirmed that Prime Video is still just using a universal "HDR" badge for all high dynamic range content regardless of the format. Likewise, the Samsung Q9 doesn't offer any kind of specific indicator that it's playing HDR10+ video either.

0 Likes
cormar
Pioneer
Options

@carlitosmu9000 wrote:

i update my tv to 1250.5 and of course there's no sign of hdr 10 plus i checked the amazon app and it keeps showing the regular hdr stamp, tvs seems more responsive so if any of you are having issues with laggin apps you should go ahead and install the update , they also release a new app call TVPLUS, that's about it

thanks

have a info, which changes with the 1250.5:

• It enables HDR10 + via HDMI
  • A TVplus station has been added
  • Three security holes have been closed
  • Audio dropouts on WiFi speakers when playing through an HDMI source have been fixed

DavidB 
* Samsung Community Moderator  

This was on the german support-site samsung. Regards cormar.

Sdws917
Explorer
Options

Cormar that's the best detail we've seen so far.  Thank you!

John_John
Explorer
Options

Hello,

Is there any diffrence or are they the same thing:

Firmware 1250.5 available to download from the Samsung site.

And firmware 1250 version that my TV already has running. Same stuff or they just don't show the 0.5 in the TV's menu description ? did any of you guys had 1250 before changing to latest or I'm already there and it's just a silly numbers thing.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I've not noticed any difference in fact I've not noticed any difference after any update !!

0 Likes