Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 23-08-2018 08:13 PM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
Rymaan
Explorer
Options

No suprise there with the flashing not been fixed (I dont think it will ever be),  what flashing are you getting at the moment dsa? You getting the random colour flashes like white etc or black flashes? Ive been suffering both, more so the black screens lately ever since I purchased the tv.

0 Likes
dsa13
Apprentice
Options

I have colored flashes, for a split second, like a camera flash

0 Likes
Rymaan
Explorer
Options

There was talk in this thread about that being potentially linked to the picture profiles (Movie, Natural, Standard), might be worth taking a read and trying some options:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Q7F-Judders-and-white-flashes/m-p/638819#M17177

dsa13
Apprentice
Options

@Rymaan wrote:

There was talk in this thread about that being potentially linked to the picture profiles (Movie, Natural, Standard), might be worth taking a read and trying some options:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Q7F-Judders-and-white-flashes/m-p/638819#M17177

Thank you, I've already seen this

0 Likes
Smarticus
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

In regard to the flashes I to have had these but only when using my PS4 Pro. My 55MU7000 is still on 1210.8 firmware ( i turned off auto update many months ago) but i have fixed the flashing issue by turning off game mode and on the HDMI input label, select PC instead of Console. Since i selected the PC option for the PS4 i get no more split second flashes of colour, I used to get about 4 in an hour. Its worth saying that these are not generated by the console as they are not recorded using the inbuilt game footage recorder so must come from the TV.

I am wondering if this might work for other input sources that suffer from flashes for example if you have a blu ray player  label it as a PC input.

I also have no issues with the judder. My settings are 7 for blur and 5 for judder, all other enhancements are off and this works fine for Amazon, Netfliks 4k content etc.

regards

Jason

Madasahat
Voyager
Options
Thanks for the great information. I used to get green flashes with my Xbox One X and they came back on the last firmware I have done the latest update and the green flashes seem to have gone but on another positive note this update has somehow made HDR alot better. Colours seem richer than they have ever been. Happy with that!
0 Likes
Rymaan
Explorer
Options
Thanks Jason, good to also get some other ideas to try. Shame that a product so riddled with faults solutions have to be found by end users rather than Samsung themselves.
0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

No ota update UK as yet I have noticed. 

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Tbh the last update  was available for download via USB for ages before it was available ota  

0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Thanks and wondering if its worth the updates 

0 Likes