Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New update MU series

(Topic created on: 10-08-2018 02:42 AM)
MikeEvo
Explorer
Options

After the last Update and the issues it caused I have turned off Automatic Updates.

Just had a message asking me to allow a new update, I have declined update until I have more information. 

Does anyone know what it is for ?

Does it work ?

Thanks

MikeEvo
921 REPLIES 921
Sdws917
Explorer
Options

I’m in the US and just checked the Samsung support page for my MU7500. It shows that as of today, August 9, firmware is 1240.4 as opposed to 1230. 

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options
Thanks I will wait until the UK page is updated thanks for that info
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Yep , there is nothing on the u.k download page yet 

0 Likes
Sdws917
Explorer
Options

I’m afraid to be the guinea pig. Don’t want to brick my tv. 

0 Likes
Sdws917
Explorer
Options

We’ll never mind. Ver 1240 isn’t recognized by my tv. It still says 1230 is the latest even with the 1240 usb file in it. Don’t know what that’s all about. 

0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

I have also checked in the UK and still nothing? Not sure what this update will do to be honest, but no doubt it will not fix the juddering issues that all these tv's seems to have.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I can't believe the amount of people that complain about the judder issue and the fact it's common knowledge that NO ONE at Samsung has done a thing about it , I won't buy another Samsung TV but I'm just a very small fish in a very large pond .

0 Likes
AxlZoli
Pioneer
Options

There is no 1240 in Hungary  yet.

I sent a mail to Samsung Support a few days ago and asked them the release time of new firmware. The hungarian support team sent me a CTRL C+V mail  with upgrade instructions to 1221 from 1230, because according to them the 1221 is on the web page as actual firmware. (I wrote them that I'm using 1230) They are total *****s!!! , How Can I Upgrade to 1221 from 1230??? Is it a bad joke from support team? 

I think the agents in Hungary just pressing answer buttons, like the monkeys......

Rymaan
Explorer
Options

For those with 55MU7000 there is an update version 1240.7 posted today for EU model (https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55MU7000TXXU/). So im sure other models will follow. What this update does I have no idea as it doesnt list the fixes or improvements, think you can get them from the US site maybe. But by going by Samsungs previous attempts I doubt it will fix or improve anything anyway.

Madasahat
Voyager
Options
My MU6470 UK page has updated too with newest firmware
0 Likes