Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Netflix app refuses to open (Samsung Q6F)

(Topic created on: 21-10-2018 07:34 PM)
nathanpower
Apprentice
Options

Netflix app stopped opening a couple of days ago.

- When highlighted in the smart hub, no preview shows

- When enter pressed to open app, loading indicator appears for a moment and the smart hub re-opens

Have tried

- Smart hub reset

- Full reset

- Power cycle (at plug, and removing from back of TV)

- Reinstalling app

- Turning off `open last app' in settings

- Changing router DNS to Google (8.8.8.8)

- Restarting router

All other devices can stream netflix, and use router. All other apps on TV work fine

TV Details:

- Model code: QE55Q6FNA

- Software version: T-KTM2DEUC-1025.0, BT - S

New TV, very frustrating, please advise?

30 REPLIES 30
Eamon
First Poster
Options

1540146382529-774425171.jpg

A few days ago my Netflix refused to load. I've been reading loads of forums etc and trying all the suggestions but it still doesn't work. Don't know what to do now. Qe55q7fna premium TV and this happens. No problem with netflix on any other devices on the same network. 

LeoFla
Journeyman
Options

Has anybody else on this thread contacted customer care?

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Eamon wrote:

A few days ago my Netflix refused to load. I've been reading loads of forums etc and trying all the suggestions but it still doesn't work. Don't know what to do now. Qe55q7fna premium TV and this happens. No problem with netflix on any other devices on the same network. 

If it worked ok before and then stops working I would suggest it is a fault with the TV.  Report it as a fault to your retailer. @Eamon wrote:

fatpaul
Apprentice
Options

I called customer service (HK) and they replied that they have got a couple of reports on this issue.  They said they have reported to Samsung headquarters.  We and they can do nothing but wait for the upgraded firmware for fixing this issue.

AB26
Journeyman
Options

Indeed my guess it is the firmware that needs to be updated by samsung for the Q6F to support netflix asap or get upgrade for free to higher model that is working :).

Alvin_P
Journeyman
Options

my style KU6900 having the same proble, contacted cs via email and got teply:

Thank you for contacting SamsungElectronics Hong Kong. With reference to your email, we understand that you would like to enquire about the error of playing Netflix with your TV. 

In case of this, we have noticed this issue and passed to the relevant party for further follow-up. Once the update is available, we will send a SMS to imform you and offer help. 

M_2
First Poster
Options

Got exactly the same, tried the same things to solve it and doesn't work.

Did anyone already found a solution for this?

Model: QE55Q7F 2018

Software version 1025

nathanpower
Apprentice
Options

Is everybody who is experiencing this issue using software version 1025?

Would be good if Samsung could acknowledge the issue in this thread and give some estimate of when the next version release is planned?

0 Likes
Solution
AB26
Journeyman
Options

Finally after many hours wasted the solution is to go to the samsung website https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/model/QA49Q6FNAJXZK/#downloads

which ever model you have, download and save the upgrade file version 1131.0 (or above), Unzip the compressed folder  (you should see a file "upgrade.msd") and save to USB or external drive of enough capacity.

Then connect USB or external drive to your TV via USB port --> click on the TV settings --> Support --> Software update -->Update manually. Then it will detect and find the firmware file from the USB port and start to download it (you will see the upgrade progress on your screen), 30 seconds later, all are back in place and you can click on Netflix app and sign in again. Enjoy your shows.

Solution
AntS
Options

@nathanpower: There's a later software version (1153.3) available for download for your model here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE55Q6FNATXXU/. Can you install that and let us know how it goes?