Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiroom surround ungrouping

(Topic created on: 25-02-2017 09:46 PM)
liam135db
Student
Options

I have a k651 soundbar and 3x r lites, 2 are in the living room with the soundbar and are meant to be grouped as a surround setup.

They are incredibly unreliable and keep ungrouping.

There are also issues with the streaming via Bluetooth from my phone. Which doesn't happen with my Braven Bluetooth speaker.

I have tried Bluetooth playback with my soundbar ungrouping and the R-Lite in the kitchen same inconsistent performance.

When are we going to be able to actually use this system as it was sold as working? I cannot play stiff through the app to both systems if the soundbar is part of the surround group, and I cannot use the Bluetooth.  It's a bit c**p really.

Everything is running latest firmware 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @liam135db,

Can you provide the model code and software version of the TV you're using with the speakers? 

Have you tried both a 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wi-Fi connection? 

0 Likes
liam135db
Student
Options

Hi, I have a Toshiba TV. So therefore cannot use what is apparently the preferred TV Sound connect option. 

I have a Skype Q system in the house so have a meshed wifi system operating both in the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands.

There is no options in the multiroom app to select which wifi access point each of the speakers is connected to as they all have the same ssid (much like anew office wifi installation).

Using a wifi analyser, I do notice that the Samsung wireless speakers actually create their own 5GHZ wifi network too, which seems to follow the channel assignment when i change my network. This isn't great as it is effectively creating interference.

The soundbar system is connected in line via hdmi between the sky box and the TV, with an optical cable providing a feed of the other hdmi sources as the TV doesn't support TVARC. The TV can control the volume and changes source selection.

0 Likes
Sarahl
First Poster
Options

Hello im have the same problems its driving me mad and im thinking of getting rid of it and gettinf sonos ..wish i had brought in the first place  tbh ... so we have the qled tv connect via optical via sky q.  And then in connects to.the sound bar and the r1s  sort of ok ..but that keep going back to tv speakers every now and then 

But it happens when I want to play spotify through the surround setup I group  it via Wi-Fi and the next day it's ungrouped  im assuming because I've watch tv at night changing the settings back to optical. . It's just So annoying having to always find the three remotes ..one for the TV one for the sound bar and one for the skq .. it should just work it ... why is it struggling and losing the connections ..I have a sonos sound bar  and speakers in the other room and have never had and issue it just work so why does samung??? Thinking of selling this rubbish  .same as the sounds amazing but havingnto constantly  change the settings every time I want to play music  or watch tv  just getting on my nerves now.

0 Likes
tonybaloney
Apprentice
Options

Having the same issue ... speaker groups randomely ungroup and regroup on their own ... completely unrealiable PoS app... very frustrating.

If anyone has found a solution, will appreciate if you'd post what worked for you.

Thanks!

0 Likes