Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor setting greyed out u28e590

(Topic created on: 26-01-2019 12:01 PM)
Ignavus100
First Poster
Options

I have no access to the monitor settings on my u28e590. When I go into settings all I get is this. All other options greyed out. Can not adjust picture or control monitor in any way. Tried with hdmi and DisplayPort connections and get same issue. Same issue when monitor disconnected from pc. What am I doing wrong?image.jpg

27 REPLIES 27
Tungil
Journeyman
Options
Exactly the same monitor and same problem. Monitor is not locked, this is displayed by "locked" in the menu and can be unlocked by pushing "left" for 10 seconds.
Still I can't even access the brightness settings... Any help??
0 Likes
wisefrog100
First Poster
Options

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I have exactly the same issue. Can't access brightness settings either and all I can access in

Menu > Settings

is 

PC/AV Mode

DisplayPort Ver.

There's no indication that settings are locked and pushing left for 10 secs does nothing.

0 Likes
gunn0r
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem, and I can not use the monitor as the source only shows an option to adjust the split screen.

0 Likes
KevH
First Poster
Options

Hey Guys, 

I came here looking for a solution,  but knowing I solved this once before.

While clicking around I realised I had accidentally turned 'eye saver' mode on, which greyed out this option. Take a look for this or similar settings.

Good luck!

soleslam
First Poster
Options

Have you had any luck with this issue? I've been having the same problem and cannot figure it out.

0 Likes
qtime101
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem, did someone solve this or have a solution.

0 Likes
alexandredp
First Poster
Options

guys try this for ahcange:

1 - connect hdmi 2 (not 1) to computer

2 - you may see monitor says it is in store mode... whatever...ignore

3 - go to your menu settings now and see what has been unlocked - set PIP/PBP OFF

let us know how you go on your side of town..

bvxhsuwyoyxagit
First Poster
Options

@alexandredp wrote:

guys try this for ahcange:

3 - go to your menu settings now and see what has been unlocked - set PIP/PBP OFF

let us know how you go on your side of town..

Thank you so much! Your solution worked!

When I contacted them, Samsung support wanted me to send me the monitor back to them unnecessarily... May I suggest that after you unlock the settings, everyone does a factory reset (System->Reset All) to make sure none of the store/PIP settings remain.

0 Likes
AdonisSilva
First Poster
Options

Having a similar issue with a SyncMaster SA550 23'' monitor. Menu is not locked and all I can choose is the "SETUP&RESET" and then "PC/AV Mode", where I can't select either. It just shows me them. Because of this, I can't reset it. This all wouldn't be a problem if it worked, because there is no image when connected to the PC, but it will show the "Check Signal Cable" when it's just turned on.

Also, this solution here does work for me because it's different hardware:

"guys try this for ahcange:

let us know how you go on your side of town.."

Anyone know a way to reset internally or maybe from a program? I've been trying to set this monitor as a second for a long time and I can't find any solutions...

this is the main menuthis is the main menu

0 Likes