Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Full - Can't Install App

(Topic created on: 26-02-2019 01:19 PM)
Contsi
Explorer
Options

Model: UN43MU6300

I recently had an audio issue which required a factory reset.

I'm now missing apps such as Youtube and when I try to install it says no memory space available.

It appears all apps in the smart hub are pre-installed and cannot be deleted.

Can this be? where you cannot install apps because all space is taken up by pre-installed apps.

I did call support and they have escalated.

Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Joerfl
First Poster
Options

Model UE43NU7120

I too have this issue, the pre-installed apps, that I use,  I have on other equipment so they are of no use to me, I could use the memory for other apps but you cannot un-install them. 

I have currently only two apps which I have added, Is there a way of expanding the memory or is there a work-around to remove the pre-installed apps.

For a so called smart TV this is pretty dumb... 

I would like some advice from somebody at Samsung as I feel a little ripped off.....

Contsi
Explorer
Options

Tech came out today and replaced the circuit board. All is well again. I also turned off auto update.

MarkWilliam
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue.  No installed apps, except pre-installed and 0 MB of 1 GB reporting available.

Samsung has broken something on Smart Hub obviously.

Contsi
Explorer
Options

They have to replace the main circuit board unless they are now able to manage (remove) pre installed apps.

And if you have the board replaced, turn off auto update as this may fill up the memory again.

This is an insane issue, they should not push pre installed apps, or they should give you the option to delete them. I'm sure they get something from these third party apps.

Florence Hausler
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem, just holding my breathe on what this is going to cost me!

Lassen1
First Poster
Options

I too feel ripped off.  I bought a 65in TV in 2018 and i dont have a lot of apps, but recently after an update my apps stopped working and i noticed the available memory was at zero.  I removed all the apps i could and it was still at zero available memory.  I redid the smart hub, and it worked a night before same issue.  For samsung to use so much of the memory on required apps on a 3 year old model that it can't even handle the apps required after being used tells me they dont value their customers and want to force folks to buy new tvs.   Well i will never buy a Samsung TV ever again!   They have lost a customer for life

Ray37
Apprentice
Options

I've been having the exact same frustrating issues and twice Samsung Tech Support failed to provide a resolution. 1st round I was given a link to update the firmware without asking me first what firmware version I have installed. After nearly a week searching for a flash drive to buying one and then trying to install this so-called "new" firmware, I searched again and realized there is no other firmware and that I already have the latest so-called greatest firmware. 

The 2nd tech gave me 2 options: 1) manually update the firmware, 2) use an external hard drive. 

What a joke. 1) I cannot update to a non existing firmware. 2) I've been using an external hard drive while the TV cr*pped on me within the last 3 months. 

Like you and the rest of the disappointed Samsung owners, my TV also maxed out on memory and it's been getting worst by the day. 

I suspect a scheme, that Samsung's last firmware (bug) caused all these issues to likely 1) force consumers to hire their tech to in-person fix the TV; 2) force consumers to buy a new TV no different than discontinuing service on every powerful cell phone that forces us to buy new. Every 2 years there's always something up. 

0 Likes
Contsi
Explorer
Options

I don't believe you can truly resolve this issue and have the TV work as it should.

I still use the TV but no longer as a smart TV.

I did a total reset of the TV and disconnected the TV from from the internet (I reset everything I could), I then connected a Roku streaming device. The TV is simply a dumb display.