Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS650 Soundbar and Multiroom app

(Topic created on: 09-01-2019 04:07 PM)
Scorpion2019
Journeyman
Options

Hi..

I would like to find out if we can use Multiroom app to connect thru Bluetooth rather than wifi...everytime it asks to connect to a wifi network which I dont use at home...

I like to use Bluetooth to control my HWMS650 soundbar but wasnt successfull as the Multiroom app only have wifi as an option to connect..I tried to use Audio Remote app from samsung but again it fails to detect my soundbar..I can connect directly from my Note 8 to the soundbar but obviously can only play songs but no control over soundbar....

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AntS
Options

Hi @Scorpion2019:smiling-face:

Our UK AV expert has confirmed for us that a Wi-Fi connection is definitely a primary requirement for the Multiroom app to work the way you want it to in this case. 😞

Scorpion2019
Journeyman
Options
Is there any chance you add support to the Audio remote app from samsung if its not possible to Multiroom app .. at least we can use BT to control our soundbar ..atm I can only connect on BT and increase the volume output on my phone...cheers
0 Likes
AntS
Options

I'm not that powerful to say yay or nay to that one. But the app's developers should be able to advise you... if you ask them. :winking-face:

Contact details for the app developers are on the Play Store pages for Audio Remote (and Multiroom, if you want to get in touch with them too).

Romster
Explorer
Options
has anyone managed to connect to the ms 650 soundbar using the multiroom application for windows10?
I can connect to my bar using the android app on my S7 phone but I really want to be able to connect to the bar using my win 10 pc. Ive installed the windows version of the multiroom app and it lists my soundbar in the app and I can control the bass and rear speaker levels so I know my pc can communicate wit the bar but I dont seem to beable to cast any music to it. ive configured the app so that it sees my music library and tracks but when I press play or long press and select play track it doesnt output to my soundbar. has anyone manged to get this to work? im not sure what im missing here so any help would be appreciated thanks
0 Likes