Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light bleeding

(Topic created on: 22-02-2019 03:11 PM)
Boyzie1982
Journeyman
Options

Can someone please help me here?

Richer Sounds are fobbing me off saying that if they see light bleeding on a dark screen from the top edge, it doesn't count as the screen isn't designed to be looked at in the dark. The LED screens don't support monotone colours either. So I guess that means watching old movies in 21:9 I can't watch them anymore. Also, Dark = monotone according to them. So if I am playing a dark game, it's OK to see a persistent white band across the top of the screen. Apparently white bleed can only be returned if you can see it on a full colour screen in 1080p on the Samsung test screens. By the way, the built-in tester is of course in fully rich 4K colour with complex images which wouldn't ever expose the backlight. 

So I took another picture with the big light on colour in 1080p. 

Verdict: No, this is acceptable light bleed. 

By the way, this is the REPLACEMENT that I was given. I had an issue with this TV for two years and was fobbed off by Samsung by them telling me my Xbox was the problem. Now they replace it with a worse, PERSISTENT issue. Now my warranty has run out. 

Never again Samsung. 

lightbleed.jpg

Can someone put me out of my misery here?

18 REPLIES 18
dontbuysam_sung
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I bought a 65" UE65JS9000 in August 2015. By August 2017, just outside of warranty, light starting bleeding in from the edges and has gradually gotten worse. Its a real shame for an otherwise great TV, really spoils it for literally everything we watch on it or use it for but we can't afford to spend that kind of cash every few years so have to put up with it. Real embarrasement to have such a large high quality TV with such an obvious picture destroying fault down both sides.

Have spoken to Samsung a few times and they simply say its out of warranty so its tough I need to pay for repairs. I paid just short of £3,500 for this TV, absolute criminal to get two decent years from it.

I've never had a TV in all my life that has had such a short life, and I've had a few. Also, if you look at the US Samsung community you will find loads of examples where this has happened to others, yet Samsung refuse to acknowlede this as a common issue.

The Samsung samrt connect box that came with the TV also has a fault which developed after about 2.5 years.

Bought an LG around the same time for another room and its been faultless. I'll never buy Samsung products ever again.

Have you had any luck? Mine is a lot worse than yours from what I can tell from your pic, but watch out if its anything like mine it will gradually get worse and start seeping in further.

JKNI
First Poster
Options

I have a UE49KS7500 with light bleeding across the bottom. Very worrying given TV is only out of warranty. I noticed on the US forum people are getting help from Samsung Admin there. Has anyone got anywhere with Samsung in EU or UK on this issue? 

dontbuysam_sung
Apprentice
Options

I have tried a few times but Samsung didn't want to know and didn't accept there was any known issues which I find extremely hard to believe given the number of issues being posted on the US forums.

Reckon Samsung need reporting to some kind of watchdog, it's plain wrong how they are ripping people off with shoddy tech that they're making a fortune from.

Boyzie1982
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thanks for your reply. Everything is sorted now. How did I do it? I complained with all my power to the retailer to the point where they gave me the full refund. It seems a strong review on Trustpilot did the trick where the CS Director phoned me personally.

It was hard but it worked, I pulled my review from Trustpilot at their request though.

I now own an LG OLED 65" TV and couldnt be happier. ZERO blackouts and no BS using the same cables these *****s were telling me were the problem. SAMSUNG and Richer Sounds gave me so much misery! Seriously annoyed by these companies. I paid over 200 quid more to use John Lewis.

If you need any help at all, let me know and i'll gladly help. Absolutely despise Samsung TV's after this.

daxsan
Apprentice
Options

I am having a similar issue after 2yrs and 8 months from purchase. same miserable experience wihth Samsung - 

I am attaching a picture of what it looks like at the bottom of the frame some white light wants to escape

1200 euro piece of harware and they told me I just got unlucky ? 

IMG_20191216_120759.jpg

dontbuysam_sung
Apprentice
Options

Here's a pic of mine, it's horrible, massive light bleed down both sides and Samsung say this isn't a common issue.

If you go on Ebay there are numerous second hand Samsungs being sold with the same fault, all stating its a common fault, yet Samsung refuse to admit it. Even though they have admitted it in the US and European forums are full of the same fault.

UE65JS9000 was their flagship model at the time !

See links below:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-UE65JS9000-65-Curved-4K-SUHD-Freeview-HD-Freesat-HD-Smart-3D-LED-...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/Light-bleeding-through-UN65JS8500-screen/td-...

IMG_4885.jpg

daxsan
Apprentice
Options

this is ridiculous, we have to go to the press with this. I'll be sharing this link out to my personal social media.

Tvbleeding
First Poster
Options

Adding my 2cents.  Just ridiculous. Post after post with same story. No reply or anything from Samsung. My TV is 3 yrs old now bought in 2016 and paid the most I've ever paid for a TV. $2500. Now you can get ***** 65" at Brandsmart for $179.00 Ouch, no wonder Samsung doesn't comment.  . Have been living with this for a while and since I don't use this TV like I used to it's not getting worse.  Someone will have to bring a class action suit against them for them to do anything.15779313498794364271155388117801.jpg

IMG_20200101_210433_MP.jpg

IMG_20200101_210216.jpg

0 Likes
deven1981
Journeyman
Options

I bought my 43q60r 2 months ago and from day 1 I have a bad screen, bleed. Even after replacing the panel. It even get worst.

Here are a few pictures of this worthless TV. I payed it 700€, the normal price in most shops is here around 999€.

Constant bleed.Constant bleed.

In games the screen sucks and the corners bleeds.In games the screen sucks and the corners bleeds.

From 2 meters away the bleed is good visible.From 2 meters away the bleed is good visible.

Screen comes loose, several placesScreen comes loose, several places

Second screen, they tell me this is normal. TV is 2 months oldSecond screen, they tell me this is normal. TV is 2 months old

Never seen such a bad screen. Our other 2 tv's. Both ten years old have better screen then this brand new TV. 

Now I having troubles for replacement cause the repair company tells me this is normal for this TV. Strange, first time they replaced the panel. Now it's even worst and it's normal now for them?