Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS9500 UK Firmware update gone wrong.

(Topic created on: 06-11-2017 09:34 AM)
Tezz
Voyager
Options

Just had a firmware update  1203.3 and now my Samsung smartthings hub won't work with the TV.

I've got in touch with smartthings and they say it's a firmware problem.

I have contacted  samsung off shore and they haven't got a clue!

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42
Tezz
Voyager
Options

My Samsung support number is 212 032 098

This problem has been posted on the  US\UK smartthings and samsung TV forums.

Why can't I just roll back?

0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options

Still nothing from samsung support.

0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options

And still nothing. WTF is going on?

Can someone tell me th epoint of this forum?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Tezz.

I've just escalated this to both our TV and SmartThings teams to find out what's going on and if I can shake some advice from them for you. I'll keep you updated as and when I can.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

The SmartThings team have got back to me. They confirmed the situation is as Tyler on the SmartThings forum described here in that there's communication and a joint effort between the various technical folks to resolve this as soon as they can.

I've asked my SmartThings colleagues to keep me in the loop on any progress, but given that Tyler is experiencing the same issue as you himself, it's likely that he'll be able to update you before me, so definitely keep an eye on that thread.

Tezz
Voyager
Options
Thank you very much.
Now for the long wait.
0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options

Just had a new firmware 1208.2 yehhhhhhhhhh

But it's made the problem worse  BOOOOOOOOOOO

Samsung has also removed the Smartthings app....what a crap company.

"Samsung's Chronic Failure to Deliver on SmartThings TV Promises"

"I would argue that there is a case to be made that Samsung sold some 2016 SUHD TVs based on false advertising"

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/31/16585788/samsungs-chronic-failure-to-deliver-on-smartthings-tv-p...

And the Nvidia smartthings link owrked on the TVs till samsung removed the app. A dirty rotten trick.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Tezz.

Our TV team have reported that firmware 1208.2 should resolve this issue as long as you are logged into the same Samsung Connect account as your Samsung account and SmartThings (i.e. in that setup, the TV will be discoverable, controllable and export the connection into SmartThings). If you haven't already, can you give this a go and let us know how you get on?

0 Likes