Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS9500 UK Firmware update gone wrong.

(Topic created on: 27-11-2017 08:05 AM)
Tezz
Voyager
Options

Just had a firmware update  1203.3 and now my Samsung smartthings hub won't work with the TV.

I've got in touch with smartthings and they say it's a firmware problem.

I have contacted  samsung off shore and they haven't got a clue!

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42
Tezz
Voyager
Options

@Ants

Could you ask them when it will be working please.

Leaving us like this is a bit silly to say the least.

Thanks

0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options

@AntS

Over on teh smartthings forum. People are say this

"I have migrated my ST account to a Samsung account and my TV still does not connect"

https://community.smartthings.com/t/samsung-tv-has-lost-smartthings-connection/103704/40

So it must be the firmware.

Kick someone in support for me please and get the truth  :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options

@AntS

See above please. I need a answer from the TV firmware team.

@Tezz wrote:

@AntS

Over on teh smartthings forum. People are say this

"I have migrated my ST account to a Samsung account and my TV still does not connect"

https://community.smartthings.com/t/samsung-tv-has-lost-smartthings-connection/103704/40

So it must be the firmware.

Kick someone in support for me please and get the truth  :smiling-face:

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Morning @Tezz.

I'm not an expert in SmartThings so unsure what David_Van did when he deleted that second hub location he found, but it looks like someone else did the same as him and things... went a bit Pete Tong.

Noticed a new post by Fido in the thread over there too. With the migratory software still on beta, my speculative take on that one is that the relevant development team at the SmartThings end are still working on stuff. Despite Fido saying it's not working again, there does seem to be some positives they've reported back in their post.

What I do know, though, is that the TV team in the UK tested the setup advised in this thread several times and had things working as they should.

Tezz
Voyager
Options

@AntS wrote:

Morning @Tezz.

I'm not an expert in SmartThings so unsure what David_Van did when he deleted that second hub location he found, but it looks like someone else did the same as him and things... went a bit Pete Tong.

Noticed a new post by Fido in the thread over there too. With the migratory software still on beta, my speculative take on that one is that the relevant development team at the SmartThings end are still working on stuff. Despite Fido saying it's not working again, there does seem to be some positives they've reported back in their post.

What I do know, though, is that the TV team in the UK tested the setup advised in this thread several times and had things working as they should.

@AntS

Thanks dude.

My TV does show up in the samsung connect app. But it still won't talk to alexa!

Is there any chance of you asking smarttings\TV firmware people to contact me bu email, to get this sorted?

I've reset everything except the smartthings hub. I don't want to reset that as I've got to reset

all of my devices and set them up again  😞

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries.

I’m unable to set up any contact for you from the TV firmware peeps, I’m afraid. But my SmartThings Support colleagues are always happy to chat if you want to give them a shout by email or live chat. :robothappy:

Tezz
Voyager
Options

@AntS wrote:

No worries.

I’m unable to set up any contact for you from the TV firmware peeps, I’m afraid. But my SmartThings Support colleagues are always happy to chat if you want to give them a shout by email or live chat. :robothappy:

Thanks AntS

In the UK we can't call them and live chat  doesn't work.

So I will have to email them. I don't suppose they gave you  case number?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

I didn't get a case number from them, I'm afraid. :robotsad:

0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options

@AntS wrote:

@AntS

My case number is #******. ould you ask smarthings to get back to me with a answer please?

Sorry about this but smartthings support is very slow here in the UK  😞

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Tezz wrote:

@AntS wrote:

@AntS

My case number is #******. ould you ask smarthings to get back to me with a answer please?

Sorry about this but smartthings support is very slow here in the UK  😞

Hi I know how slow they are, now waiting for a call back after I posted a message on their facebook page. Are you sure about your ref number as mine is a 10 digit number?

0 Likes