Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Navigator

Okay - I had a call with citizens advice and they gave me some differing advice. I was advised that under Consumer Protection Act that there may have been some unfair trading with missleading factors. As I am discussing this after the first 90 days then apparently I can claim a discound in the region, and in discussion with JL, between 25 - 100% of the price paid.

 

So this is new advice I think and not something we have discussed here before. Anyone any thoughts?

 

I was also advised to discuss the section 75 concurrently. 

Helping Hand

Not heard of that one, but hey anything helps your argument with JL to get a full refund etc.

Hotshot 

@rosscouk wrote:

Okay - I had a call with citizens advice and they gave me some differing advice. I was advised that under Consumer Protection Act that there may have been some unfair trading with missleading factors. As I am discussing this after the first 90 days then apparently I can claim a discound in the region, and in discussion with JL, between 25 - 100% of the price paid.

 

So this is new advice I think and not something we have discussed here before. Anyone any thoughts?

 

I was also advised to discuss the section 75 concurrently. 


Not seen anything like that in the Oct 2015 European regs. In that it clearly says you are entitled for a full refund for misrepresentation. Also I not sure if the consumer ct is the right one now as the 2015 European act takes precedent.

Paul

Navigator

I am not sure either. I am minded to try them again but via the internet.

Hotshot 

@daleski75 wrote:

Not heard of that one, but hey anything helps your argument with JL to get a full refund etc.


I agree is's still a good and bodes well if court is required. Don't forget that the retailers legal will also be telling them the same, and that is why I think the chance of it going to court is slim.

Paul

Helping Hand

@rosscouk wrote:

I am not sure either - does anyone know of an email for Citizens Advice (I can't find one)? I am minded to try them again.


https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=general&to=flare.fromforms

Explorer

I am not a UK citizen but I bought my EU65KS8000 tv at rgbdirect.co.uk in may 2017 after having seen press releases and info regarding the SmartThings promise as well as the HDR10+ promise. I had the TV shipped out of UK which caused some shipping and customs fee as well as VAT. If I were to return it that would mean more shipping cost.

 

I do not see anything on the sellers website at that time mentioning either the SmartThings or HDR10+, but as samsung had released this info at that time I assumed it didn't matter if the seller mentioned it.

 

What are my options with this misselling?

Helping Hand

@snosig wrote:

I am not a UK citizen but I bought my EU65KS8000 tv at rgbdirect.co.uk in may 2017 after having seen press releases and info regarding the SmartThings promise as well as the HDR10+ promise. I had the TV shipped out of UK which caused some shipping and customs fee as well as VAT. If I were to return it that would mean more shipping cost.

 

I do not see anything on the sellers website at that time mentioning either the SmartThings or HDR10+, but as samsung had released this info at that time I assumed it didn't matter if the seller mentioned it.

 

What are my options with this misselling?


Not sure really as rgbdirect who you would take up the complaint with never advertised the dongle as coming with the television however you could possibly try the HDR10+ as it was promised but I am not sure how successful you would be.

Explorer

But should'nt Samsung be held accountable for what they promised in press releases and marketing material?

Helping Hand

@snosig wrote:

But should'nt Samsung be held accountable for what they promised in press releases and marketing material?


Yes they definitely should but it does not mean rgb direct will agree or be willing to accept a refund, however best bet is give it a go, get your case across to them and see how you get on.

 

It will be very interesting to see what they say as nearly all of the cases here revolve around John Lewis or Curry's.

Top Liked Authors