Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Big Cheese

@Tazg101 wrote:

Hi. 

Reading this thread read with interest.

i purchase my tv from richer sounds around February 2017. What route should I take for a refund? 

Many thanks 

Go down the Which tool which will tell you if you can ask for a refund.

Apprentice

just for other readers information who may have purchased from richer sounds. I have used waybackmachine and found the product page for the ks7000

There is a large paragraph on the smartthings ecosystem being a feature:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160708035232/http://www.richersounds.com:80/product/tv---all/samsung/u...

Samsung SUHD TVs are IOT ready and allow you to create your very own SmartThings ecosystem
Experience a new world of possibilities as Samsung's SUHD TVs enable you to create your very own SmartThings ecosystem. With a wide variety of sensors and inputs work harmoniously with your TV you can control everything from lighting to heating, monitor your baby sleeping or check homework is being done all directly controllable from your SUHD TV.

Big Cheese
Apprentice

i'm putting together an email to richer sounds regarding the smartthings fiasco. Can someone confirm where samsung have said this won't be avilable for KS owners?

Hotshot 

@Tazg101 wrote:

i'm putting together an email to richer sounds regarding the smartthings fiasco. Can someone confirm where samsung have said this won't be avilable for KS owners?

Hi this is a reply fromSamsung which is a total lie as you can see from the Curry's link.

Regarding the Smart Connect USB dongle, we recommend seeking for assistance with Currys to provide confirmation if it is their promotion so that they can provide options for you. As of this time, Samsung has no existing offer for the free USB dongle.

Here is the are the links

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They are really trying to crawl out of their promises!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

Apprentice

look what i've just found:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-gb/articles/210765826-Is-my-Samsung-TV-compatible-with-SmartTh...

1. Under Product information, look for the 14-character Model Code. If the 5th and 6th characters in the code are "KU" or "KS" followed by the number "6" or above, then your Samsung TV is compatible and can be connected to your SmartThings Hub as a Thing!
Navigator
Thanks! This is really interesting and I have saved this link too.

Still waiting to hear back from JL.
Helping Hand

Response from Currys looks like they are happy to go to court.

Dear Dale,

Case reference: *****

Thank you for your email dated 5th January 2018.  I would have liked to discuss this further over the telephone, however, it was not possible to locate a contact number for you.

I am sorry that we can't remedy this to your satisfaction.  Any instances of miss-sale would need to be raised within  reasonable time.  I understand you know escalate this legally and apologise you feel the need to do this.

Although this may not be the response you were looking for I trust we have clearly explained our position on this matter. 

Kind regards,

Tom *****
Team Knowhow
Big Cheese

Been reading your post's with interest. It is encouraging that Curry's are not denying miss selling. I strongly agree with also looking at the Credit Card section 75 route. They are under strict rules to adhere to this act and if you think they have not you can report it to the FSA (google to find) who will investigate. Best bit it cost's you nothing. The store may try to just give you vouchers or try to knock some money off for time you have had the TV. With section 75 refund you get the full amount. It only takes a usually free call to your credit card or store card issuer to start the ball rolling. It might also be useful to mention in your correspondence to the retailers that you are also going to contact the credit card issuer. They have no control over section 75 and the credit card companies response. The credit card issuer when they issue a refund deduct it from the retailers.  

What the retailers love to see and here is some one saying they never would take legal action, because what incentive is there for the retailer to do the right thing if there is no threat of legal action.

I am still waiting for a response from DA Tech

Paul

Big Cheese

Been reading your post's with interest. It is encouraging that Curry's are not denying miss selling. I strongly agree with also looking at the Credit Card section 75 route. They are under strict rules to adhere to this act and if you think they have not you can report it to the FSA (google to find) who will investigate. Best bit it cost's you nothing. The store may try to just give you vouchers or try to knock some money off for time you have had the TV. With section 75 refund you get the full amount. It only takes a usually free call to your credit card or store card issuer to start the ball rolling. It might also be useful to mention in your correspondence to the retailers that you are also going to contact the credit card issuer. They have no control over section 75 and the credit card companies response. The credit card issuer when they issue a refund deduct it from the retailers.  

What the retailers love to see and here is some one saying they never would take legal action, because what incentive is there for the retailer to do the right thing if there is no threat of legal action.

I am still waiting for a response from DA Tech

Paul again

Top Liked Authors