Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Explorer

Currys reply when i asked them confirm the misselling

In order to receive a response from our Legal Department, they would need be contacted via a Legal Representative.

Navigator

Thank you for getting back in touch.  I am sorry you feel you can not agree with the offer made to you to resolve this, as it is clear you have had the use of the television for 2 years.

As this is our final response, we are obliged to inform you that you have the right to refer your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider. You have up to twelve months to do this.

Please find below the contact details for a certified ADR provider.

Ombudsman Services

Address:

Ombudsman Services
The Brew House
Widerspool
Greenall’s Avenue
Warrington
WA4 6HL

We need to advise you that ADR is voluntary and it is not a procedure to which we subscribe. Therefore any ADR decision would not be binding.

I trust this clarifies our position.

Yours sincerely,

I've already sent my section 75 off... Do I need do anything else as I've already told curry's that's what I'm doing.. 

And the adr is there any point 

Regards

Explorer

I've just done the same, emailed them back their last email and asked them if this is their final response.

I'm going to start the process directly with my CC Amex UK, so will update when I've got an answer.

I also have an issue with the TV as previously mentioned regardign ARC not working properly and waking the TV up during the night, but I'll work on this first and fall back on that later for now.

Navigator

@hmsq wrote:

I've just done the same, emailed them back their last email and asked them if this is their final response.

I'm going to start the process directly with my CC Amex UK, so will update when I've got an answer.

I also have an issue with the TV as previously mentioned regardign ARC not working properly and waking the TV up during the night, but I'll work on this first and fall back on that later for now.

Same here sent my email off to the finance company on Monday morning,.i seng them links to curry's website that states the USB dongle etc etc.. I also stated I case with richer sounds that was refunded to the buyer and I also stated a case reference number to the same fiance company that I'm dealing with and that there getting a full refund due to misrepresentation. 

I just can't see how my claim. Can fail with all the proof. But then agian the law is ***** up so anyone's guess.... 

Explorer

Got confirmation the previous email was their final response. So section 75 it is.

Having reviewed the situation, I can confirm that this is the only resolution that is being supplied at this time.  It has been noted that you will be contacting your credit card with regard to this matter and we will await communication from them in due course.

I apologise for being unable to offer further assistance with regard to this matter.
Navigator

@Mylo75 wrote:
The financial ombudsman sent me a letter the other day saying it will be another 3 to 4 weeks before they look at my case. I've been en thinking I should have went straight to small claims court.

Keep us updated this will be interesting 

As I've filed a section 75 with  curry's creation finance , and I've got a feeling that curry's and creation are somehow linked together in a way that I will loose  I'm not going to let this drop! 

Explorer
Any one gone to small courts and won yet?
Highlighted
Navigator

@tarbat wrote:

@dipesh44 wrote:

Why pay at all if you truly believe you are innocent

Companies often pay full or partial refunds as a goodwill gesture without admitting fault. Just because Currys and John Lewis have made refunds doesn’t indicate that they admit that they’re at fault.

Any luck with the court claim?

Apprentice

Hi everyone

I bought a Samsung ue65ks8000 in jan 2017, ive started a claim for a refund and just got a call from a case manager customer relations in head of customer services who stated they cant refund as there was a clause in the description of the item which is below.

“Don't forget...
If you want to connect your TV to a blu-ray player, games console, soundbar or soundbase then you'll need a HDMI cable.
View our collection of cables & connections

And if you’re looking to elevate your viewing experience with cable management, then why not take a look at our wall mounts and TV stands.

*Some services may require subscription (sold separately)

Please note: A Smart TV is a platform that can run 3rd party Apps. 3rd party content providers may remove Apps from the Smart TV platform or stop supporting them at any time, and we cannot guarantee an App’s availability. When new Smart TV products are launched, there may also be a delay before certain Apps become available. Availability of Apps is not included within the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty, or the John Lewis 2-year Guarantee for audio visual products, or the 5-year Guarantee for TVs.”

I have never seen this before and to me it looks JL has inserted this in ALL samsung tvs they have sold and are selling now and lying this clause was always there when i bought the tv.

Has anyone seen this before???

Then i got a call from a customer relations manager who advised to contact Samsung for a hub or if i reject that to contact their legal dept..

Please help

thanks guys for any help advice received

Black Belt 

@Richierich99 wrote:

@tarbat wrote:

@dipesh44 wrote:

Why pay at all if you truly believe you are innocent

Companies often pay full or partial refunds as a goodwill gesture without admitting fault. Just because Currys and John Lewis have made refunds doesn’t indicate that they admit that they’re at fault.

Any luck with the court claim?

Richer Sounds lost their ADR so had to give a full refund. Curry's so far have not and I think they will never let this get to court because it sets a president,  so will settle always before. 

Top Liked Authors