Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 24-01-2019 02:29 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Richierich99 wrote:

Anyone recommend what I should do next? 

last email from curry's was 5 days ago when they offered me the hub, but I declined and showed them the tech-talk link and said I wanted a refund or an exchange!. And explained that the hub is different to the tvs hub.. 

I've informed curry's creation fiance so not sure if that's whats stopping curry's from replying...

Shall I resend the email again or wait? 

Cheers 

It's their normal time wasting tactic. No  harm or cost to send again,  and also send to your store and customer support and know-how as well,  as it costs nothing. Also you can Twitter,  and Facebook them.  I know they also monitor trust pilot reviews,  so well worth putting the same on their. I know they monitor because within hours of my review they tried to have it taken down,  and you will see they have very poor score. 

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Bigken wrote:

This is normal, as soon as you ask for a refund Curry's just stop replying to your emails.

Great customer service, I will never buy a Samsung Tv or from Currys again.

That is the problem with the present consumer law,  they can ignore.  They are hoping you just give up and go away,  and don't cause them any problem's. It us at this point you can escalate the issue to either section 75 and or online small claims.  What we should have is something like the Alternative Dispute resolution which can decide and then that is binding on all retailers and have to comply,  which would save all this hassle. It is like they made a law to protect but not thought how the person in the street will easily get justice. 

0 Likes
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

Latest email from curry's what do I do next as never done this before... 

They seem to ignore everything I say...

Now shall I file a section 75 

Thank you for your email, and please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

I am sorry to learn that you remain disappointed with the resolution that we have offered. Our position remains that in our view, as the television is fit for its intended purpose, is of satisfactory quality and not defective, we do not agree that you are entitled to a full refund of the purchase price or an exchange.

We do feel that the option to obtain a free of charge Samsung SmartThings hub ( V2 ) is a reasonable remedy, given that Samsung have taken the decision to not introduce the SmartThings dongle. The SmartThings Hub ( V2 ) can be obtained by contacting support@smartthings.co.uk and providing the following information:

• TV model number
  • Serial number
  • Picture of the label containing all model / serial details ( this can usually be found on the back of the TV )
  • Proof of purchase

In addition to the above, I am able to offer you a live with payment to the value of £150 to be paid as a BACS transfer. This offer is made on a without prejudice basis and in full and final settlement of this matter.

Should you wish to accept this full and final offer, please kindly confirm by return and I will be happy to make the necessary arrangements.

Yours sincerely,

CEO Support Team
Team Knowhow™ Customer Contact Centre

Tel: 0344 561 6372

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Richierich99 wrote:

Latest email from curry's what do I do next as never done this before... 

They seem to ignore everything I say...

Now shall I file a section 75 

Thank you for your email, and please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

I am sorry to learn that you remain disappointed with the resolution that we have offered. Our position remains that in our view, as the television is fit for its intended purpose, is of satisfactory quality and not defective, we do not agree that you are entitled to a full refund of the purchase price or an exchange.

We do feel that the option to obtain a free of charge Samsung SmartThings hub ( V2 ) is a reasonable remedy, given that Samsung have taken the decision to not introduce the SmartThings dongle. The SmartThings Hub ( V2 ) can be obtained by contacting support@smartthings.co.uk and providing the following information:

• TV model number
  • Serial number
  • Picture of the label containing all model / serial details ( this can usually be found on the back of the TV )
  • Proof of purchase

In addition to the above, I am able to offer you a live with payment to the value of £150 to be paid as a BACS transfer. This offer is made on a without prejudice basis and in full and final settlement of this matter.

Should you wish to accept this full and final offer, please kindly confirm by return and I will be happy to make the necessary arrangements.

Yours sincerely,

CEO Support Team
Team Knowhow™ Customer Contact Centre

Tel: 0344 561 6372

Yep now section 75

0 Likes
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

Deleted 

0 Likes
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

Sent curry's this email 

Dear sir

Many thanks for the offer for the hub and the £150 of goodwill gesture, but I will be declining as the television has been mis-sold by (yourselves) Curry's. 

And I am within my rights to ask for a full refund or replacement as stated in this case, this was my primary reason for buying the tv as it was meant to act as a smart hub which now is no longer possible.

The SmartThings Hub you linked is absolutely useless to me, as I require the SmartThings Extend dongle which you were supposed to provide with the TV in order to connect with the SmartThings Hub - without this it's unuseable!!. 

Just to clarify you can not connect the TV to anything without the smart extend dongle. The hub V2 will not connect to the TV only a mobile device which is not what I wanted and that is why I purchased this tv in the first place.. 

Could you possibly answer my questions! So we have an understanding thank you. 

(1).. So in all I've bought and paid for a £2000 TV that's got a built in hub which I can not use! As its Just now a thing that I can not use.?  When in fact I could of just bought a cheaper TV without the built in hub? 

(2).. Back in October 2016 I had my heart set on this particular tv ( samsung ks658000) which going by your websites back in 2016 I was looking forward to the smartConnect USB dongle which now is no longer coming out, but you still continue today to advertise on your websites!? 

Your websites...

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-tv-technology-1888-commercial.html

http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv

Surely that above is missleading/misseling and   misrepresented and FALSE ADVERTISING! as I'm sure you are well a where that Samsung are not going to realese the smart connect dongle so why are you still advertising on your websites as of today that I follow? 

(3).. I take it you are aware of the October 2015 European Consumer regs?

(4).. Do you know the difference between the hub and the dongle? 

(5).. Do you accept the misrepresented TV? 

(6).. It is quite clear that if the retail advertises something it does not matter where they got the information from, it is the retailers responsibility, not the manufacturer.? 

There are no time limits to make a claim apart from the 6 year time limit for misrepresentation, and it is not fit for purpose because you can not control the tv with the build in hub that requires a smart extend USB dongle as advertised on your website, and a result is a breach of contract

Your failure to offer a full refund or a replacement is a clear breech of said regs. 

I have been in touch with Citizens Advice therefore know my rights and they have also opened a case with Trading standards. 

I'm wanting a full refund or exchange of the same specs so I hope we can come to a mutual agreement! 

If not I will have no choice but  pursue a claim for section 75!

Yours sincerely 

This is there reply.... Not even answering my questions! 

Thank you for your email. 

I'm sorry to learn you are dissatisfied with my offer. As advised previously, we would not be looking to offer you a refund or replacement on your Samsung TV. The TV as sold to you is fulfilling it's primary purpose and is not defective in any way.  

While I understand what you have advised about the money you have spent on the TV and you being disappointed that the SmartThings dongle is now not included, this is something that has happened beyond our control and we have not knowingly sold the TV to you in this way. There was no mis-advertising at the point you bought the TV as all was set for the SmartThings feature to be released until the back track was announced by Samsung in 2018.

I feel my resolution is fair given what is known about this line of TV's and the SmartThings feature issue. If you do feel my offer is not acceptable then you to have the right to take the matter further with a third party moving forward.

If you do require any further information then please let me know.   

Yours sincerely,

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Richierich99 wrote:

Sent curry's this email 

Dear sir

Many thanks for the offer for the hub and the £150 of goodwill gesture, but I will be declining as the television has been mis-sold by (yourselves) Curry's. 

And I am within my rights to ask for a full refund or replacement as stated in this case, this was my primary reason for buying the tv as it was meant to act as a smart hub which now is no longer possible.

The SmartThings Hub you linked is absolutely useless to me, as I require the SmartThings Extend dongle which you were supposed to provide with the TV in order to connect with the SmartThings Hub - without this it's unuseable!!. 

Just to clarify you can not connect the TV to anything without the smart extend dongle. The hub V2 will not connect to the TV only a mobile device which is not what I wanted and that is why I purchased this tv in the first place.. 

Could you possibly answer my questions! So we have an understanding thank you. 

(1).. So in all I've bought and paid for a £2000 TV that's got a built in hub which I can not use! As its Just now a thing that I can not use.?  When in fact I could of just bought a cheaper TV without the built in hub? 

(2).. Back in October 2016 I had my heart set on this particular tv ( samsung ks658000) which going by your websites back in 2016 I was looking forward to the smartConnect USB dongle which now is no longer coming out, but you still continue today to advertise on your websites!? 

Your websites...

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-tv-technology-1888-commercial.html

http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv

Surely that above is missleading/misseling and   misrepresented and FALSE ADVERTISING! as I'm sure you are well a where that Samsung are not going to realese the smart connect dongle so why are you still advertising on your websites as of today that I follow? 

(3).. I take it you are aware of the October 2015 European Consumer regs?

(4).. Do you know the difference between the hub and the dongle? 

(5).. Do you accept the misrepresented TV? 

(6).. It is quite clear that if the retail advertises something it does not matter where they got the information from, it is the retailers responsibility, not the manufacturer.? 

There are no time limits to make a claim apart from the 6 year time limit for misrepresentation, and it is not fit for purpose because you can not control the tv with the build in hub that requires a smart extend USB dongle as advertised on your website, and a result is a breach of contract

Your failure to offer a full refund or a replacement is a clear breech of said regs. 

I have been in touch with Citizens Advice therefore know my rights and they have also opened a case with Trading standards. 

I'm wanting a full refund or exchange of the same specs so I hope we can come to a mutual agreement! 

If not I will have no choice but  pursue a claim for section 75!

Yours sincerely 

This is there reply.... Not even answering my questions! 

Thank you for your email. 

I'm sorry to learn you are dissatisfied with my offer. As advised previously, we would not be looking to offer you a refund or replacement on your Samsung TV. The TV as sold to you is fulfilling it's primary purpose and is not defective in any way.  

While I understand what you have advised about the money you have spent on the TV and you being disappointed that the SmartThings dongle is now not included, this is something that has happened beyond our control and we have not knowingly sold the TV to you in this way. There was no mis-advertising at the point you bought the TV as all was set for the SmartThings feature to be released until the back track was announced by Samsung in 2018.

I feel my resolution is fair given what is known about this line of TV's and the SmartThings feature issue. If you do feel my offer is not acceptable then you to have the right to take the matter further with a third party moving forward.

If you do require any further information then please let me know.   

Yours sincerely,

I like the point they make that there was no misrepresentation at point of sale,  which I agree with,  but the law is quite clear that it must also meet expectations which they promised awould be a future feature of the tv at no extra cost. This did not happen,  we know it is BS,  but that is their tactic they are using and trying to bluff you out. 

0 Likes
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

Just phoned up creation to file a section 75 asked to speak to management... 15 mins later while on hol, no sorry we cannot take this Any further!

I told her on the phone that I know of a case and in the same situation as me is getting a full refund, all she said was I can't discuss this and kept on saying its a different problem to mine! I told her no it's not its same the tv the same problem.. But no not having it!! 

Last email I had was from a Connor who works for craetion aswell as I've been told on the phone a few mins ago! 

I said to her that's why I'm not getting a fefund or anything else cause your all in it together, she says no it's because I'm dealing with someone else and they won't take it further! But the other person who is getting a full refund is dealing with a totally different person that's why that person is getting a refund!! 

***** joke of a company now what do I do I've been left haging!? 

Update... Gets home finds a letter by creation that their investigating a claim for section 75.. Cause I did phone them up a few days ago, so looks like I could of just been fobbed off with.the above.... Let's hope it goes through cause now I'm willing to go to a small claims court! 

0 Likes
dipesh44
Pioneer
Options

If the credit company refuses then the next step woiwo be to take it to the fsa

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Richierich99 wrote:

Just phoned up creation to file a section 75 asked to speak to management... 15 mins later while on hol, no sorry we cannot take this Any further!

I told her on the phone that I know of a case and in the same situation as me is getting a full refund, all she said was I can't discuss this and kept on saying its a different problem to mine! I told her no it's not its same the tv the same problem.. But no not having it!! 

Last email I had was from a Connor who works for craetion aswell as I've been told on the phone a few mins ago! 

I said to her that's why I'm not getting a fefund or anything else cause your all in it together, she says no it's because I'm dealing with someone else and they won't take it further! But the other person who is getting a full refund is dealing with a totally different person that's why that person is getting a refund!! 

***** joke of a company now what do I do I've been left haging!? 

Update... Gets home finds a letter by creation that their investigating a claim for section 75.. Cause I did phone them up a few days ago, so looks like I could of just been fobbed off with.the above.... Let's hope it goes through cause now I'm willing to go to a small claims court! 

You need to ask Creation for their appeals procedures as they must have them, just like with credit card,  which initially they said no,  but on appeal paid out.  Remember they will fight all the way. 

0 Likes