Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 18-01-2019 12:27 AM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options
I paid with creation finance under buy now pay 6 months... Is there a direct email address to curry's creation thx
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Richierich99 wrote:
I paid with creation finance under buy now pay 6 months... Is there a direct email address to curry's creation thx

Should be on your finance docs,  if not ask Curry's for that information. You may have to write in the first instance but ask for an email contact. Also google creation finance. This is first contact and Curry's will try to delay,  but they have already lost a section 75 with Barclay credit who have paid up to a Curry's customer in full. The credit card company would not pay out if there was no case. The alternative dispute resolution found in our favor against richer sounds so you are strong ground. 

Paul

Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

Latest reply from curry's.. 

I've also emailed curry's creation but still waiting for a reply. 

Dear Mr ..... 

Thank you for your email addressed for the attention of my colleague Steve. I have been asked to respond on his behalf as he is out of the office today. 

I'm very sorry to learn you are unhappy with your Samsung TV and not having the SmartThings Extend feature added as previously announced. 

While we understand your concerns around mis-selling, we have now been advised that Samsung are offering a SmartThings Hub (v2), which they happy to offer free of charge.  In order to obtain this, please contact Samsung directly asupport@smartthings.co.uk.

When emailing Samsung they will need you to provide the following details:

• The TV's model code
  • Serial number
  • Picture of the label with all the information (usually on the back of the TV)
  • Proof of purchase

Please note that at this time, this is the only resolution we are offering, as the television is not defective and is fulfilling it's primary propose.

If you do require any further information then please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Yours sincerely,

CEO Support Team
Team Knowhow™ Customer Contact Centre

Tel: 0344 561 6372

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Richierich99 wrote:

Latest reply from curry's.. 

I've also emailed curry's creation but still waiting for a reply. 

Dear Mr ..... 

Thank you for your email addressed for the attention of my colleague Steve. I have been asked to respond on his behalf as he is out of the office today. 

I'm very sorry to learn you are unhappy with your Samsung TV and not having the SmartThings Extend feature added as previously announced. 

While we understand your concerns around mis-selling, we have now been advised that Samsung are offering a SmartThings Hub (v2), which they happy to offer free of charge.  In order to obtain this, please contact Samsung directly asupport@smartthings.co.uk.

When emailing Samsung they will need you to provide the following details:

• The TV's model code
  • Serial number
  • Picture of the label with all the information (usually on the back of the TV)
  • Proof of purchase

Please note that at this time, this is the only resolution we are offering, as the television is not defective and is fulfilling it's primary propose.

If you do require any further information then please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Yours sincerely,

CEO Support Team
Team Knowhow™ Customer Contact Centre

Tel: 0344 561 6372

This is their normal response,  and they look like until they are defeated by the courts that is theur stance. Up to you but you could thank them for their reply and inform them you will be taking further actions to pursue this misrepresentation. 

I would wait to see what creation come back with. 

Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

This forum seems very quiet has everyone giving up or have got nowhere or been paid out and have not come bk 

Can't see how curry's think they could or can get away with it, with richer sounds paying out and John Lewis paying out.. Surely that isnt going to be in there favour if it went higher.....

0 Likes
JamboGee92
Journeyman
Options
John Lewis haven't paid out for me. I haven't taken it any further though, which I probably should do.
0 Likes
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

Shouldn't give up cause there getting away with it... Jl and rs are refunding a lot better than curry's so I've read.... 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Richierich99 wrote:

This forum seems very quiet has everyone giving up or have got nowhere or been paid out and have not come bk 

Can't see how curry's think they could or can get away with it, with richer sounds paying out and John Lewis paying out.. Surely that isnt going to be in there favour if it went higher.....

The problem with consumer law is it does not involve criminal law so to enforce you have to go to civil Court. They know this and hope you will get fed up and go away. Richer Sounds lost a ADR and John Lewis has settled a case out of court. So they are all the same in this way. 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@JamboGee92 wrote:
John Lewis haven't paid out for me. I haven't taken it any further though, which I probably should do.

They have paid an out of court settlement. 

0 Likes
Tyler_Durden
Voyager
Options

Whatever 

0 Likes