Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 15-12-2018 12:47 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@mrtickle wrote:

@Domaz1 wrote:
It’s actually Curry’s issuing the refund though, I made complaint through Creation but the manager I was dealing with has obviously told Curry’s they should refund it. Meaning the refund will come from Curry’s upon return of the set.

I’m happy with the outcome, I only wanted to be in the position to choose another TV without any loss from the misrepresentation of the KS7000.

Soon as I have returned the TV and the refund has processed I shall share my case details.

I am pretty confident however, if you were to perhaps make another call to Curry’s head office there’s a good chance their position on the matter has changed since today.

Should I expect some drastic discount on the 2018 LG OLED’s after Christmas?

Well done. Very well done. Anytime someone finally gets a speck of respect from the crooks at Curry's it is satisfying - but we should not have to fight that hard.

Please promise us ONE thing - that you will not make another large purchase through Curry's ever again.

Richer Sounds will give you a free 6yr warrantee and proper customer service and respect your legal rights, instead of trying to fight them. I have no connection with RS other than being a happy customer.

And yes, Richer Sounds always have sales (every single Bank Holiday) - sign up to their "VIP" email list for alerts. I have the 55" C8 OLED and it's wonderful in every respect. The UI is night and day better than Samsung's. (I used to have a KS7000, got full refund from RS in August without any fuss but I've kept my email subscription to this thread going).

I paid £2400 for my C8, not including the KS refund cost which reduced it a lot.

RS price is now £1999. On Black Friday it was around £1600 I think. It's worth the money.

I will add to that is they may try to give you credit note.  If they do then ask the finance company to issue the refund then what I said stands. 

I would also agree with Richer Sounds. 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@mrtickle wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

One think I would point out, because I was once in the same position as you with a finance buy on interest free credit.  Long story short I got a full refund because of the breach of contract, because when you purchase through finance the goods are deemed yours from day one. That means you are entitled to a full refund from the finance company but you are not legally obliged to return the items as under the law they are yours and can not enforce the contract due to them being in breach. 

That means you should make sure the finance company pay you the refund in full before returning the TV. They may ask you to return the TV before refund but point out to them that as they agree a breach of contract has happened and therefore it is unenforceable you can request the immediate refund without any conditions. 

Once you have the refund Curry's will ask for the TV back and it is up to you but I told the retailer that due to them being in breach of contract they had no legal right for the goods back as they were still mine even though the finance company had refunded my monies. They did said someone round and  me and my wife sent them packing. Never heard anything from them again and kept everything. 

My turn - that's brilliant :smiling-face:

How did the conversation go on the doorstep?

Who are you? "I've come to collect your TV" "I haven't agreed to that"?

It's like a bailiff with no powers trying to take something to which they are not legally entitled?!

There reason they were in breach was they sold me a package of tv,  sat receiver,  and video recorder. About 12 years back. I found out the sat receiver was second hand,  and it was sold as new. That meant the package was in breach of contract and I paid for it through Hitachi interest free finance. 

It was funny really.  This heavy with pony tails turned up in a van and asked for the items back( over £2000 worth of tv,  sat receiver,  and a expensive video recorder) 

I had been given the refund by the finance company.  They asked when I would be returning the equipment and I told them that was up to me and not them. 

Anyway  I told the man under the credit law the equipment was main and I was not returning it and if not happy I will see them in court. He then requested me to step out side for a quite chat away from wife. It was, at the point my wife very nicely told him to sod off. He did. I rang the finance company and told me that the retailer had sent a threatening heavy around. They apologized and  told us not to worry and that was the end of that,  and yes I legally kept everything. 

Nice if the same can happen to Curry's. That's why if I heard someone bought on finance I knew they had more protection,  and the finance company will get their money back from the retailer. 

Paul

0 Likes
Tyler_Durden
Voyager
Options

I have just called the legal team at Currys and left a message for my claim handler, telling them that I am now aware of a very similar case to mine having been settled in favour of the buyer.

Hopefully that is sufficient for her to realise that there is only one outcome to my case too.

ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options

Hi folks,

Is there a template available for this claim?

How successful have people been?

Kindest regards

So many Samsung products, so many problems...One day I will learn!
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@ToonTonic wrote:

Hi folks,

Is there a template available for this claim?

How successful have people been?

Kindest regards

If you look on this thread which is a condensed version only 7 pages and everything you need,

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-Refund-usefull-info/m-p/579806#M14123

and this thread showing some of the results, and could you post you result here as well please

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-refund-Results/m-p/591783#M14509

Paul

ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options

I ponder where I stand with this, or not!

I originally purchased a JS8500 which I had issue after issue with. Richer Sounds did all they could and then put me on to Samsung UK.

I told Samsung I don't want to have the TV sent away again for repair, so they offered me a KS9000, but no refund at that point.

I accepted this.

So my guess is that since I have not purchased this TV directly, that I have no grounds to submit a claim.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@ToonTonic wrote:

I originally purchased a JS8500 which I had issue after issue with. Richer Sounds did all they could and then put me on to Samsung UK.

I told Samsung I don't want to have the TV sent away again for repair, so they offered me a KS9000, but no refund at that point.

I accepted this.

So my guess is that since I have not purchased this TV directly, that I have no grounds to submit a claim.

I think a replacement is like a new TV and if you were aware of the smart things issue then it wont hurt to contact them.

PeteDansk
Explorer
Options

No I don't think you have any right to make a claim as your original TV wasn't sold as having the features. Unless your having issues with your TV you got a nice upgrade already.

0 Likes
ToonTonic
Pathfinder
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@ToonTonic wrote:

I accepted this.

I think a replacement is like a new TV and if you were aware of the smart things issue then it wont hurt to contact them.

I was aware of the features as they sent me a link to the TV they were offering me, though I was not aware of any issues.

The KS9000 had just released, so I was only aware of the features it claimed & the features promised in subsequent press releases.

dipesh44
Pioneer
Options

People shouldn't be making claims just to get on the bandwagon,as it saturates genuine claims! 

Claim only if you knew what you were buying i.e the smart features in built in to the tv not because you have read this thread