Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 08-12-2018 04:52 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@JamboGee92 wrote:

TLDR; John Lewis are offering me a Samsung SmartHub for free. No refund or exchange :face-with-rolling-eyes:

Anyone here managed to get a refund or exchange from them?

If you look on the ks owners more info thread there is a response from j Lewis where they were being taken to court and they have settled in full including court costs.  There is a reference number so ask why they have already agreed it was misrepresentation and why you are being treated differently. Also if bought on credit card then you can contact them and start a section 75.

Paul

0 Likes
JamboGee92
Journeyman
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@JamboGee92 wrote:

TLDR; John Lewis are offering me a Samsung SmartHub for free. No refund or exchange :face-with-rolling-eyes:

If you look on the ks owners more info thread there is a response from j Lewis where they were being taken to court and they have settled in full including court costs.  There is a reference number so ask why they have already agreed it was misrepresentation and why you are being treated differently. Also if bought on credit card then you can contact them and start a section 75.

Paul

Do you have a link? Cheers.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@JamboGee92 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@JamboGee92 wrote:

Paul

Just a search on these forums for ks owners more info. It is just 7 pages but has all the info you need. 

0 Likes
JamboGee92
Journeyman
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@JamboGee92 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@JamboGee92 wrote:

Paul

Just a search on these forums for ks owners more info. It is just 7 pages but has all the info you need. 

Found the thread but have no idea where the reference number is.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@JamboGee92 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@JamboGee92 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@JamboGee92 wrote:

Paul

Found the thread but have no idea where the reference number is.

Sorry its on the results page,

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-refund-Results/td-p/591783/page/7

Ref number is,

Explorer

And CASE ID for the above: 09217433

0 Likes
Tyler_Durden
Voyager
Options

The Currys Saga continues.

I just got an email from MoneyClaim Online:

Good afternoon

The defendant has filed their defence. 

Both parties now need to complete the attached Directions Questionnaire, form N180, before 4pm on 27-DEC-2018

Email your completed N180 form to both moneyclaims@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk and to the other party.

If you don't complete and return form N180 your Claim/Defence could be struck out.

Regards,

0 Likes
Tyler_Durden
Voyager
Options

I have emailed my N180 form to Currys along with this email - 

Dear Ms ******,

Please find attached my N180. I am sending it to you as I have been requested to do so by Money Claims Online.

For your information since my claim has started more cases of full refunds are exchanges have taken place. Please see below:

*John Lewis were taken to the Small Claims Court and ended up refunding the full amount + £70 of the Small Claims process fees.

*Several other John Lewis cases have also been solved by refunds

*Richer Sounds Belfast exchanged a Samsung 49" KS7000 for a Samsung 55" Q6FN

*Tesco Bank refunded an owner after a Section 75 credit card claim was raised

*PRC Direct refunded an owner

These and more besides can be found on this thread - https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-refund-Results/td-p/591783

I wish to offer you the opportunity to end this matter before we try for mediation again or the eventually court hearing.

As you will be aware my claim amount is for £2654, which includes not only the amount for the TV but also an amount for my time, the claim fee and the hearing fee.

In the spirit of mediation I am willing to forgo the amounts for my time and the hearing fee should you agree to settle the remaining £2304 at this point. I would be willing to have that as a bank transfer or a store credit.

Yours Sincerely]

My N180 has also been sent to Money Claims Online.

Andy41
Journeyman
Options
Good luck Tyler,

I'm just starting with Currys now, I expect to have the same problems you do, but also intend on following it through to the end.

How they can claim they didnt mis-sell this I can't understand.

I'm not sure if my post (the last post) in the useful info thread is something you have a record of but it may help you.

Andy
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Andy41 wrote:
Good luck Tyler,

I'm just starting with Currys now, I expect to have the same problems you do, but also intend on following it through to the end.

How they can claim they didnt mis-sell this I can't understand.

I'm not sure if my post (the last post) in the useful info thread is something you have a record of but it may help you.

Andy

Good luck which I know you didn't need as they are guilty but need a bit more of a push. Please keep us informed. 

Paul

0 Likes
Zentachi
Apprentice
Options

Good luck and 

I am also one step away from starting the legal proceedings.

Curry's Final email:

"Thank you for your prompt response.

I have added your comments to the case above, in order to our correspondence together. Please quote the reference number above in any further contacts regarding this matter.

We are unable to provide any alternative resolve than that offered previously. As discussed, we are happy to provide a payment of £150.00 relating to this matter, in conjunction with the offer provided by Samsung of the SmartThings Hub (v2).

We are unable to offer any further resolve in this matter, and this has been detailed under the case above.  We are happy to pass this payment for processing if required by confirmation.

I apologise for your disappointment in this matter, and regret we are unable to come to a solution acceptable to both parties.

Again, as mentioned, should you wish to take a legal route at this time, then we can only advise that we would look to assist them when they make contact with us.

Please accept my apologies that I am unable to assist you further on this occasion.

Your Sincearly"

And my email to which they responded:

Thank you for your response dated 8th December 2018.

Since all communications will be provided as evidence to the court, please find my comments below.

"As discussed, Samsung have released he SmartThings Hub (v2) free of charge to affected customers"

- Allow me to repeat that the SmartThings Hub (v2) does not provide the same functionality as the one the extender would. Samsung has confirmed that and proof is available. 
 For instance with the SmartThings Extend, the USB dongle would have enabled the TV to work as an IoT (Internet of Things) hub. This is not possible with the Smartthings hub! You need a mobile phone to control other devices.
Curry's website stated "Control and automate your smart home from your TV with Samsung SmartThings". Thus, control your smart home from your TV and not from a mobile phone.
Unfortunately, Curry's just repeats the same statement without providing any proof that SmartThings Hub (v2) is a replacement for the Smartthings Extend, which of course it isn't.  

"The TV provided meets all specifications at the time of purchase, and we are unable to offer a replacement or refund of an item due to future changes in a manufacturers release schedule."
- This is incorrect.
Curry's stated at their website that the smartthings was already a feature of the TV. From Curry's website: " With your existing Samsung SmartThings Hub* you can set your TV to turn on as you enter the room, adjust connected lights and speakers, or control hundreds of other compatible smart devices. "  Footnote:"*Free Samsung SmartThings Extend USB adapter available within 2016"
Therefore, the TV did not meet all the specification ("existing Samsung SmartThings") at the time of purchase something that even Curry's have admitted on their official web site as can be seen above.
Moreover, whilst you may have used information provided by the manufacturer (Samsung), it is your duty to ensure that the information you provide to the consumer is accurate, as this information was used as a basis by me (the consumer) for entering the contract of sale with you (the trader).

Thereafter, as I have mentioned in my previous email, I will wait 14 days after receipt of my "Letter before court claim" from Curry's, in order to give a reasonable amount of time to the appropriate Curry's team to carefully read the case and respond, if they decide to do so, by post. Once this has been done, I will issue the proceedings against Curry's in the small claims court without further notice.   

Kind regards,

0 Likes