Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Explorer

Just to update, Graham from JL left a message this morning. Called him back and the refund is all sorted and is processing now.

Explorer

Just replied to Currys to have them reconsider their position and also tell me where in CRA2015 talks about main purpose as an excuse to not refund under misrepresentation, however will go to my Credit Card company Amex and start the process there.

Will update as I go along.

Navigator

I’ll be really interested how AMEX goes - I’ve heard they’re meant to be good? So yes please do keep us updated!

Explorer

I have emailed curry’s a few weeks back and got nowhere as of yet.

They replied with a email, wanted to speak with me over the phone which I replied with that I preferred email communication, haven’t heard from them since.

Seems like they are willing to delay any progress as much as possible. 

Explorer

You will have no luck asking Currys to reconsider their position, I'm afraid.

Get their final offer, decide whether to accept/reject it, and if it's not acceptable, start a claim under Section 75 or begin the process of taking them to court.

Explorer

They haven’t addressed my first email. Totally ignored the issues I addressed by emailing me and asking to speak over the phone instead 

Explorer

@Hitsta wrote:

They haven’t addressed my first email. Totally ignored the issues I addressed by emailing me and asking to speak over the phone instead 

What email address have you sent to? People here (myself included) seem to have had the most luck getting responses from SCCCustomerSolutionsTeam@teamknowhow.com. I personally found them to be quite responsive through that channel (typically I got replies within 24 hours).

Explorer

customer.services@currys.co.uk

And

customer.service@Teamknowhow.com

Enailed both. 

Maybe i I would have a better chance of a reply using the email u provided ? 

Highlighted
Explorer

Just got another update from Curry's after I said for them to reconsider, and informed them JL and RS were starting to refund their clients. This is their response.

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the options that I have offered you. As a result, I have asked for an internal review of this matter and this is currently being carried out. A decision should be made in the next 7 days and I will be in contact to advise you of this, once I have received it.

Please accept my apologies for the further delay and thank you for your patience while I await a decision.

I'm busy at work so not had a chance to call AMEX they are only open when I'm at work.

Explorer

@hmsq wrote:

Just got another update from Curry's after I said for them to reconsider, and informed them JL and RS were starting to refund their clients. This is their response.

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the options that I have offered you. As a result, I have asked for an internal review of this matter and this is currently being carried out. A decision should be made in the next 7 days and I will be in contact to advise you of this, once I have received it.

Please accept my apologies for the further delay and thank you for your patience while I await a decision.

I'm busy at work so not had a chance to call AMEX they are only open when I'm at work.

I'd be surprised if this is not a delay tactic by Currys to just delay any progress being made by you.

Be aware that if you call Amex to start a Section 75 claim, they will try to shoehorn you into their 'dispute process'. (I did this recently with Amex.) This is not the same as a Section 75 claim. No harm in disputing the transaction too, but make sure you don't stop with that. Once you get onto discussing the Section 75 claim, they will try to take details of the claim over the phone. If you'd rather not relay the intricacies of the matter over the phone, only to be summarised in their case notes by someone who has no idea what you are really talking about, you can insist on being given an address to which you can send them a letter informing them of your claim.

If you'd like to avoid making this phone call altogether, the address to send a letter to can be found here: https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/content/complaints-procedures/index.html

Top Liked Authors