Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 11-07-2018 07:22 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
Here is another link you can send them,
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1512472675

an article why Samsung is not supplying the dongle
Paul
darrant1234
Pioneer
Options

Hi I went to the Birstall store in Leeds but my main progress was by emailing 

scccustomersolutionsteam@teamknowhow.com.  I did try to email Sebastian first but he’s quit lol.

the lady kept saying our legal team says such and such and also asked if the item was faulty to which I said no it’s perfect but doesn’t work as advertised etc.  Once I’m back at  a pc I can post my first email to the above address which was a complaint etc as I’d already made contact once.

they did say 1650 as a final settlement figure / refund but got the value of the tv they suggested

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@darrant1234 wrote:

Hi I went to the Birstall store in Leeds but my main progress was by emailing 

scccustomersolutionsteam@teamknowhow.com.  I did try to email Sebastian first but he’s quit lol.

the lady kept saying our legal team says such and such and also asked if the item was faulty to which I said no it’s perfect but doesn’t work as advertised etc.  Once I’m back at  a pc I can post my first email to the above address which was a complaint etc as I’d already made contact once.

they did say 1650 as a final settlement figure / refund but got the value of the tv they suggested

Thanks, that seems to be the first real success with Curry's. It's odd how they still like to argue over what to them is pennies. Would be great if you can post you letter and well done, the first dent in Curry's for a long time.

mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

egal department trying to shut this down by intimidation. They also have compensated one member with over £500 worth of vouchers which to me is an admission of guilt and by offering the free Samsung hub. With the ADR result confirming this is clear misrepresentation.

Paul

There's a major problem with having £500 of Currys vouchers.

YOU HAVE TO SPEND THEM AT CURRYS 😞

That's more new contracts created with those people, and each new contract is another potential huge fight in the future for your statutory rights.

darrant1234
Pioneer
Options

I would have preferred a full refund and then go to richer sounds but being at the point I was at I was happy to do what I’ve done. We have had TVs repaired for free bought from currys out side of any warranty etc and it was phone calls and not simple etc. To be fair the staff I dealt with today were great. I explained what I was doing and even though at that point they might not have had a tv sale they still gave me loads of time etc and answered questions so at least my local one does have some good staff. Shame other parts of the company is hard work and don’t listen. Don’t even bother messaging the twitter know nothing team......

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@mrtickle wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

egal department trying to shut this down by intimidation. They also have compensated one member with over £500 worth of vouchers which to me is an admission of guilt and by offering the free Samsung hub. With the ADR result confirming this is clear misrepresentation.

Paul

That's more new contracts created with those people, and each new contract is another potential huge fight in the future for your statutory rights.

I totally agree with you.  A full refund is best and go elsewhere like richer sounds. 

paulyoung666
Explorer
Options

@mrtickle wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

Paul

If your prepared to lose about 10% of the value then I know a place you could sell them 👍🏻

peteeed
Journeyman
Options

Further on from yesterday . i missread the reply from richer sounds ireland competely(totally my fault) . they rang me and were as ever totally great and resonable so i will probably upgrade my tv and not a samsung as the faults with this TV has always been with samsung and not the retailers 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@peteeed wrote:

Further on from yesterday . i missread the reply from richer sounds ireland competely(totally my fault) . they rang me and were as ever totally great and resonable so i will probably upgrade my tv and not a samsung as the faults with this TV has always been with samsung and not the retailers 

It's like starting again. Did you mention they have lost a ADR ruling? 

You have to make it clear it is not a fault but misrepresentation and under the Oct 2015 European consumer regs they are responsible because they are the retailer and they advertised that feature of the tv on their website. Yes it is Samsungs fault for pulling the dongle,  but that is an issue they will have to take up with Samsung. You have been miss sold the tv and the law say's it's the retailers responsibility. 

We have been through all this trying to miss lead and its a case of closing down the wrong statements. Also ask as they are members of ADR that you want to take it to ADR and you have that ruling to work with. 

Paul

Tazg101
Journeyman
Options

Had this reply from John Lewis:

We have received your email regarding the mis-selling of order number zzzzzzz.

Thank you for contacting John Lewis on this matter.  I have looked into this matter for you and i can confirm that John Lewis are not in breach of the contract regarding the Samsung television.

While i do understand and acknowledge the disappointment this has caused you however John Lewis will not arrange for the product to be refunded or exchanged for a similar product.  When you purchased your television, it was advertised it would soon be updated with the SmartThings functionality and, that the USB dongle would be provided to enable this. As you are aware Samsung did not proceed with this and I can appreciate this was very disappointing. Whilst John Lewis only advertised this feature based on the information provided by Samsung,  We do acknowledge that this was provided in the product information on the John Lewis website.

We’ve been in contact with Samsung and the solution available is to provide the SmartThings Hub. Whilst we are aware it does not provide exactly the same functionality as the USB dongle would have, we do trust it is a reasonable alternative. Samsung have agreed to offer the product worth £99 for free and you will need to contact Samsung on (support@smarthings.co.uk).

Having reviewed the case information for you i do appreciate that this mite not be the resolution you were hoping for as John Lewis will not be issuing a refund or exchanging the product however if you do require any further information or regarding any of the above please do not hesitate to contact John Lewis on 03456 049 049. 

Yours sincerely,

Brian Grattan
JohnLewis.com

How should I proceed next? thanks. 

0 Likes