KS Owners refund

Black Belt 
Here is another link you can send them,
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1512472675

an article why Samsung is not supplying the dongle
Paul
Explorer

Hi I went to the Birstall store in Leeds but my main progress was by emailing 

scccustomersolutionsteam@teamknowhow.com.  I did try to email Sebastian first but he’s quit lol.

the lady kept saying our legal team says such and such and also asked if the item was faulty to which I said no it’s perfect but doesn’t work as advertised etc.  Once I’m back at  a pc I can post my first email to the above address which was a complaint etc as I’d already made contact once.

they did say 1650 as a final settlement figure / refund but got the value of the tv they suggested

Black Belt 

@darrant1234 wrote:

Hi I went to the Birstall store in Leeds but my main progress was by emailing 

scccustomersolutionsteam@teamknowhow.com.  I did try to email Sebastian first but he’s quit lol.

the lady kept saying our legal team says such and such and also asked if the item was faulty to which I said no it’s perfect but doesn’t work as advertised etc.  Once I’m back at  a pc I can post my first email to the above address which was a complaint etc as I’d already made contact once.

they did say 1650 as a final settlement figure / refund but got the value of the tv they suggested

Thanks, that seems to be the first real success with Curry's. It's odd how they still like to argue over what to them is pennies. Would be great if you can post you letter and well done, the first dent in Curry's for a long time.

Highlighted
Helping Hand

@paul1277 wrote:

egal department trying to shut this down by intimidation. They also have compensated one member with over £500 worth of vouchers which to me is an admission of guilt and by offering the free Samsung hub. With the ADR result confirming this is clear misrepresentation.

Paul

There's a major problem with having £500 of Currys vouchers.

YOU HAVE TO SPEND THEM AT CURRYS :(

That's more new contracts created with those people, and each new contract is another potential huge fight in the future for your statutory rights.

Explorer

I would have preferred a full refund and then go to richer sounds but being at the point I was at I was happy to do what I’ve done. We have had TVs repaired for free bought from currys out side of any warranty etc and it was phone calls and not simple etc. To be fair the staff I dealt with today were great. I explained what I was doing and even though at that point they might not have had a tv sale they still gave me loads of time etc and answered questions so at least my local one does have some good staff. Shame other parts of the company is hard work and don’t listen. Don’t even bother messaging the twitter know nothing team......

Black Belt 

@mrtickle wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

egal department trying to shut this down by intimidation. They also have compensated one member with over £500 worth of vouchers which to me is an admission of guilt and by offering the free Samsung hub. With the ADR result confirming this is clear misrepresentation.

Paul

That's more new contracts created with those people, and each new contract is another potential huge fight in the future for your statutory rights.

I totally agree with you.  A full refund is best and go elsewhere like richer sounds. 

Explorer

@mrtickle wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

Paul

If your prepared to lose about 10% of the value then I know a place you could sell them 👍🏻

Apprentice

Further on from yesterday . i missread the reply from richer sounds ireland competely(totally my fault) . they rang me and were as ever totally great and resonable so i will probably upgrade my tv and not a samsung as the faults with this TV has always been with samsung and not the retailers 

Black Belt 

@peteeed wrote:

Further on from yesterday . i missread the reply from richer sounds ireland competely(totally my fault) . they rang me and were as ever totally great and resonable so i will probably upgrade my tv and not a samsung as the faults with this TV has always been with samsung and not the retailers 

It's like starting again. Did you mention they have lost a ADR ruling? 

You have to make it clear it is not a fault but misrepresentation and under the Oct 2015 European consumer regs they are responsible because they are the retailer and they advertised that feature of the tv on their website. Yes it is Samsungs fault for pulling the dongle,  but that is an issue they will have to take up with Samsung. You have been miss sold the tv and the law say's it's the retailers responsibility. 

We have been through all this trying to miss lead and its a case of closing down the wrong statements. Also ask as they are members of ADR that you want to take it to ADR and you have that ruling to work with. 

Paul

Apprentice

Had this reply from John Lewis:

We have received your email regarding the mis-selling of order number zzzzzzz.

Thank you for contacting John Lewis on this matter.  I have looked into this matter for you and i can confirm that John Lewis are not in breach of the contract regarding the Samsung television.

While i do understand and acknowledge the disappointment this has caused you however John Lewis will not arrange for the product to be refunded or exchanged for a similar product.  When you purchased your television, it was advertised it would soon be updated with the SmartThings functionality and, that the USB dongle would be provided to enable this. As you are aware Samsung did not proceed with this and I can appreciate this was very disappointing. Whilst John Lewis only advertised this feature based on the information provided by Samsung,  We do acknowledge that this was provided in the product information on the John Lewis website.

We’ve been in contact with Samsung and the solution available is to provide the SmartThings Hub. Whilst we are aware it does not provide exactly the same functionality as the USB dongle would have, we do trust it is a reasonable alternative. Samsung have agreed to offer the product worth £99 for free and you will need to contact Samsung on (support@smarthings.co.uk).

Having reviewed the case information for you i do appreciate that this mite not be the resolution you were hoping for as John Lewis will not be issuing a refund or exchanging the product however if you do require any further information or regarding any of the above please do not hesitate to contact John Lewis on 03456 049 049. 

Yours sincerely,

Brian Grattan
JohnLewis.com

How should I proceed next? thanks. 

Top Liked Authors